• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. D

Benson Junior School, Benson Road - any photos from the 1920s?

Hi Pete Thank you for the reply and the interesting information. I will be sure to check for photos. Best regards D
  2. D

Benson Junior School, Benson Road - any photos from the 1920s?

I would be most grateful if anyone can share photos relating to Benson Junior School in the 1920s? My great-grandfather was apparently school care-taker there at that time. Electoral Rolls for 1922, 1925 and 1927 indicate that he and my great-grandmother were then living at "School House...
  3. D

14th Bn, Royal Warks Regt (1st Birmingham Bn) - service of Pte Joseph W Marsden

Hi Terry Thank you for this information! Are there any other sources of information that I might try? Best regards
  4. D

Thank you for the 'leads'! I shall follow-up on these...
  5. D

Birmingham Battalions Book of Honour: look-up request

I would be most grateful if anyone could help me to look for Joseph W Marsden in the Birmingham Battalions' Book of Honour? He served with the 14th Battalion, Royal Warwickshire Regiment (1st Birmingham Battalion). I would like to find out any more information regarding his service.
  6. D

I would be most grateful if anyone has the Birmingham Battalions Book of Honour and can check for Joseph W Marsden...
  7. D

Thank you for the link. It certainly is a useful source! D.
  8. D

Barrie Thank you for checking the roll. Can you tell me a little bit more about the Absent Voters Electoral Roll, as I have never come across this before? Can one find any information on which units men were serving with at the time?
  9. D

1/277 New John Street West - photos taken about 1911

Thank you for checking in Kelly's!
  10. D

242 Newtown Row - photos taken about 1901?

Thank you Mike for the insight...
  11. D

1/277 New John Street West - photos taken about 1911

I would be most grateul if anyone can share with me photos of 1/277 New John Street West, in about 1911. This was the address of my great-grandfather Harry Reed, who was a locksmith by trade. I am not sure if he had his own business at this address at that time? Any assitance shall be...
  12. D

242 Newtown Row - photos taken about 1901?

I would be most grateful if anyone can share with me any pictures of 242 Newtown Row, in about 1901. This was the address of my great-great-grandfather's locksmith business. He was Richard Reed, with sons Albert and Harry, who apparently followed in the locksmithing trade. Any assistance...
  13. D

I believe that my great-grandfather’s brother, Joseph W Marsden, may well have served with the 14th Bn, Royal Warkwickshire Regt. Joseph was born in Birmingham in about 1876 (probably Jan-Mar 1876) and worked as a printer in 1891, a railway worker in 1901 and possibly a fruiterer in 1911. I...
Back