• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. L

Balsall Common: HOLYHULL, Warwickshire

Has anyone any ideas, please, as to where this place of HOLYHULL might be? John Smith, Journeyman, Unmarried, 24, Journeyman Locksmith, [where born] Warwicksh, Holyhull Source ancestry.com 1851 Census: Village of Portobello, Willenhall, Staffordshire HO107/2020 I have found a modern place...
  2. L

Chelsea Pensioners Online Searchable Documents

Hi fellow researchers.:hoteyes: I just stumbled upon a Friends of the National Archives website which provides easily searchable text lists of Chelsea Pensioners (name, place of birth, discharge age and date) in the WO 97 Series. Go to bps.freehosting.net. It has the complete list of the...
  3. L

Weston, Birmingham - Locksmith

The site is fascinating with current and historical info. Well done from Oz. My Great Great Grandfather was called (I believe) *** Weston. He was a LockSmith. To trace him, I am trying to trace my Great grandfather who was, variously, a Chelsea Pensioner (1879- son's birth in Ladywood), a...
Back