• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. M

Kingstanding

I have only lived in Kingstanding for 6 years I know that many years ago that it had a bad reputation I live in a quiet avenue off Danesbury Crescent and can honestly say that in those 6 years i have led a very peacful existance things are changing for the better
  2. M

Kunzles

Re: Kunzell Cakes many moons ago i used to go to Kunzels in Birmingham city centre with my gran . I alwas had cottage pie and then one or two of the lovely cakes bring back the old days
  3. M

Nicknames

Because i had hair the colour of a belisha beacon as you can guess i was called ginger nut,thank god with old age my hair colour has calmed down a lot. Unfortunately my oldest grandson has inherited the red gene, and is called the same as i was.
  4. M

Lewis's Department Store

i used to love going on to the roof at Lewis,s at easter time there were always baby chicks,bring back the good times
  5. M

Shakespeare Alice Maude

Re: grandmother tnank you so much for all your help,i am very grateful, as i knew nothing re my grandfather,i didnt even know his name
  6. M

Shakespeare Alice Maude

Re: grandmother thanks very much for information it is very helpful.Can you find anything on my grandfather? I know they were married in 1914and had 2 daughters one of them is my mother Phyllis Edna Skan nee shakespeare,the other one was winifred Maud Jefferson Nee Shakespeare deceased. My...
  7. M

Shakespeare Alice Maude

Looking for any info on my grandmother Alice Maude Shakespeare nee Dolman I think she was born in West Bromwich round about 1895
  8. M

Skan Leslie

Re: family tree thank you so very much for the information re albert leslie Skan,he was the only one of my fathers brothers that i couldnt find i now have information on all 7 brothers thanks once again
  9. M

Skan Leslie

I am looking for any information on my uncle Leslie Skan born in Kings Norton dont know date of birth,only know he had a son called Cedric
  10. M

Skans

Could any one assist me in the search for my uncle Frank Skan one of 6 brothers born in Bourneville about 1908,would be grateful for any information
Back