• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Shakespeare Alice Maude

M J Coombes

proper brummie kid
Looking for any info on my grandmother Alice Maude Shakespeare nee Dolman I think she was born in West Bromwich round about 1895

Re: grandmother

on the marriage record she is named alice doleman. theres this one in 1901 but the birth age is 1891 (living 81 bridge rd. tipton)

joseph doleman 40 iron moulder b. tipton
elizabeth doleman 39 b. tipton
joseph 14, samuel 12, ALICE 10, charles 6, albert 3.
jane powell (mother) 69 widow . everyone born tipton

is that any good??

there is a death record for alice maud shakespeare in 1982 birmingham and her birth date is 15 nov 1890 so i should think that the above record could be the right one

thanks very much for information it is very helpful.Can you find anything on my grandfather? I know they were married in 1914and had 2 daughters one of them is my mother Phyllis Edna Skan nee shakespeare,the other one was winifred Maud Jefferson Nee Shakespeare deceased. My mother never spoke about my grandad,so i know nothing about him.I would be very grateful

your grandfather was leonard shakespeare born 1890 in coseley, staffs. he was a bootmaker dealer and his fathers name was adam shakespeare b. 1868 in coseley. his mother was fanny b. 1869 in tipton

in 1901 his family were living 40 coppice st. west bromwich.
adam shakespeare 33 iron moulder foundry b. coseley
fanny shakespeare 32 b. tipton
LEONARD 11 b. deepfield, staffs, ernest 8 b. west brom., harold e. 6 b. west brom., winifred 4 b. west brom., fred 2 b. west brom.

children were winifred m shakespeare b. 1914 and phyllis e shakespeare b. 1916. i cant see any more children listed.

i think leonard died 1933 in birmingham

tnank you so much for all your help,i am very grateful, as i knew nothing re my grandfather,i didnt even know his name

Back