• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. L

Nonsuch Farm

WOW. would you/your mum like to provide the Bartley Green History Group with some of her memories? She would have been at the farm when the Thatchers were there (I think).
  2. L

Cromwell Lane, Bartley Green

I'm amazed at the number of people who have Isabella as their Gt*grandmother. Is it possible Mark that you could also send me a copy for the History Group archives? [email protected] Many thanks. (Would acknowledge you as the originator if you supply your surname).
  3. L

The Stonehouse, Selly Oak/Bartley Green/Weoley Castle border.

The Bartley Green District History Group purchased the 'date stone' from the Stonehouse Pub, it was hoped the bricks would contain a 'frog' to identify where they were made, i.e. Smarts Brickworks opposite, but none were found.
  4. L

Cutler Family Bartley Green-schools-

Thanks Paul, will add to our archives and acknowledge you as the originator. Regards Maureen
  5. L

Re: Bartley Green-schools-cutler Family We (B.Green History Group) are adding wedding photos from St Michaels to our archives, any chance we could get a copy or two?
  6. L

Cromwell Lane, Bartley Green

I'm following his topic with interest as recently we helped another with the 'burial plot' of Wm Guest. Would appreciate seeing a photo of Isabella.
  7. L

Re: Bartley Green-schools-cutler Family I think I should start a TOPIC for Bartley Green so that people who want to know or ask about the area can find it easily :fat: I'm uploading a photo of Field Lane and wonder if you could identify which building was used for the school annex, or indeed...
  8. L

Re: Bartley Green-schools-cutler Family Thanks Paul, you are a mine of information. Maureen
  9. L

Re: Bartley Green-schools-cutler Family Thanks Paul for your 'memories'. Mrs Field, I believe, was Constance Field who used to be a teacher at the old St. Michaels, I will have to check my records. I have heard of an annex before but for some reason thought it was in Genners Lane. I know the...
  10. L

Re: Bartley Green-schools-cutler Family Thanks Phil. That answers one of my queries. Do you recall if the house that stood sideways to the road was still in existence when the store was open?
  11. L

Re: Bartley Green-schools-cutler Family It's been a while since I signed in but was intrigued to read your memories Paul of the Tower Shop in Field Lane and the house next door. Do you recall if the house faced the road or was sideways facing up Field Lane. The old photo of the 30s shows the...
  12. L

No 12 BUS ROUTE

I'm afraid the photo scan isn't very clear but have enlarged.
  13. L

No 12 BUS ROUTE

I wish it did say CALIFORNIA but the board says OAKWORTH
  14. L

WW1 soldiers remembered in Bartley green.

Hi Eric, Contact was made with a relative (Paul has the details) and visited the churchyard. The Bartley Green History GRoup has photos of most of the men which are displayed on Remembrance Sunday at the BG Social Club.
  15. L

No 12 BUS ROUTE

Apologies for not getting back to all those that responded to my query, here is the photo. It says Oakworth and Bartley Green.
  16. L

Old Birmingham Schools - Changed Or Demolished

British School of Commerce, Bristol Road, Edgbaston Greenmore College, corner of Bristol Road and Priory Road. Edit. A link to the Greenmore College thread is here https://birminghamhistory.co.uk/forum/index.php?threads/greenmore-college.42693/#post-504206
  17. L

Price, Thomas and Mary Ann (nee Andrews)

Left replying for a couple of days as we had a 'Price' attend our open evening on Tuesday but your name wasn't familiar to him although you are of the same family. If you want to email me here that is OK or you can do so via [email protected] (hope this is permissible).
Back