• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Price, Thomas and Mary Ann (nee Andrews)

iainharvey

proper brummie kid
Hi all

I’m trying to find the grave of my great great grandfather, Thomas Price. He was buried in Nov/Dec 1950 in the same plot as his wife Mary Ann who died in 1926. My nan says he was buried in Bartley Green cemetery, which as she puts it “was at the top of Jiggins Lane”, which was where he lived - he was a nailmaker for most of his life. I’ve looked on Google Maps and can find no cemetery near Jiggins Lane with the exception of a small graveyard on Field Lane which was where the old St Michaels & All Angels church was. I'll be checking this out sometime soon.

In case that is not where they are buried, can anyone tell me if Bartley Green cemetery still exists and if so, where it is? It's not Lodge Hill cemetery by a different name is it?

Thanks is advance
Iain

Hi again I checked the churchyard on Field Lane this morning and it was the right one - I found the grave. I also found a couple more for other family members that I wasn't expecting to find so that was a bonus. Cheers Iain

Was about to respond but note you have visited the churchyard. Your gt grandparents are buried in Plot 49. The Bartley Green History Group are trying to make contact with relatives of those interred asking them to fill in a Consent Form should the Group wish to carry out any future restoration work on the memorials. Would your nan be willing to do this? Maureen

Hi Maureen

Thanks for taking the time to reply and for letting me know the plot number they are in.

In regards to filling out a consent form, if you send it to me I will ask her. If she doesn't want to, I'm sure her brother, my uncle, will instead.

I have more questions regarding burials at Bartley Green cemetery. Would you be willing to answer them for me?

Cheers
Iain

Left replying for a couple of days as we had a 'Price' attend our open evening on Tuesday but your name wasn't familiar to him although you are of the same family. If you want to email me here that is OK or you can do so via [email protected] (hope this is permissible).

Back