• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. Gazzo

Hunt Alan .......Speedway

Looking for any details, info or stories relating to Alan.............he was my Uncle, tragically dying 8 years before I was born. Thanks in advance as usual. Gazzo.
  2. Gazzo

Adoptons. Birmingham 1960's.

Could anyone advise on how to access adoption records. A recently family death has unearthed an unknown family member who was given up for adoption at birth. The person in question would be 46 years of age now. Would like to know how far I can go before any contact has to be established.
  3. Gazzo

Rowley's Butchers, Smallheath.

My Father worked here for many years making their famous sausages. I used to travel from Northfield on the 60's to Highgate and get the No.8 on a Friday to pick up Mom's 'swag' bag. Even in the dark days of the 3 day week, meat was a great resource for bartering for sugar, bread or coal. Me a my...
  4. Gazzo

Rivers : Merritt’s Brook & Griffin’s Brook

Can anybody help with who was Merritt or Griffin that these brooks were named after? Flowing into Bournbrook, unique that the same piece of water had 3 names in less than 3 miles. Also, does anybody have any details on Ley Hill House (Ex Kunzel residence) that used to be at the top of Ley Hill...
  5. Gazzo

Birmingham's Oldest Buildings.

Do we have a record of Brums oldest buildings ? How many are listed or protected. Searched the web and resources seem hard to find. Would be nice if we could do some pics aswell. :)
  6. Gazzo

James William SWAIN

Can anybody help regarding my G-grand Uncle, James Swain. Served mostly in West Africa between 1899 and 1916. Born in Aston in 1878, he died from Beri Beri in 1922. I believe he was decorated in service but don't know what medals or service/regiment he was involved in. Would also like to know...
  7. Gazzo

Thomas Bradshaw 667,C.Coy., A.S.C

Would any the WW1 forum posters be able to provide me with any details regarding my g-grandfather. I know he was gassed but not where and can't find any details about him on Ancestry. Thanks in advance, Gary (Cheers Suzanne).
  8. Gazzo

Thomas Bradshaw b.1886 Aston

Have used Ancestry website to no avail appreciating that a lot of records were lost and destroyed. The only info I have is Thomas was born in Oct 1886 and was gassed during the conflict. The resulting injuries left him with a very serious chest/ breathing problem resulting in his death in 1923...
  9. Gazzo

Bradshaw Jane - Where did you go?

Can anyone help with my 4 year old research problem, it's driving me crackers. My maternal g-g grandmother Jane Bradshaw birth c.mid 1860's alledgedly Birmingham, was mother to my g-grandfather Thomas b. 21 Oct 1886 Aston Union Workhouse. I have her marriage certificate - Frank Bates Jun 1888...
Back