• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. changinman1

Walter Collins and the Beet family

Tragic ...I dont know the people that you are referring to , i just know that my grandad was involved.
  2. changinman1

Hi can some kind person colourise this please of my grandad 4th from left top row please

Well what can I say this is stunning , and looks way more realistic than the original black and white version of mine , thanks for taking the time to do this for me.
  3. changinman1

Hi can some kind person colourise this please of my grandad 4th from left top row please

You are spot on , this is a photo of a photo and even your version is better than mine so thankyou so so much for this and the advice .
  4. changinman1

PRESSBURGERS TAILERS BRISTOL ST

nothing to do with mods tbh , the coventry scene was SKA .
  5. changinman1

yes i was
  6. changinman1

Thye were proper characters the guys in that shop .
  7. changinman1

Thye must have disappeared early to mid 90s then i guess
  8. changinman1

No from 1979 up unti lthe mid 1980s there was a massive mod revival and bands including people like Paul Weller.
  9. changinman1

Text translation

You are right yes demographics change , and people and money move around .
  10. changinman1

Text translation

Hi Janice ....and is that condition linked to coma then ?? , thats actually a good shout , thankyou , it does make sense , its like the inability to carry on living or wanting to live and exhaustion from lack of nourishment ....hard to believe for someone from knowle its an affluent area ...
  11. changinman1

Text translation

Hi I have a death certificate that I’m trying to understand and not my family but it’s bugging me , what is the word before coma please , I can’t make it out
  12. changinman1

Walter Collins and the Beet family

thanks Reg ...very young to die ...all of them REST IN PEACE
  13. changinman1

Tideswell Road /Thornbridge Avenue - Great Barr

she lived at 21 Tideswell Road
  14. changinman1

Tideswell Road /Thornbridge Avenue - Great Barr

Her name was Evelyn Pursall
  15. changinman1

Winson Green Mental Hospital And Rubery Hill Asylum

Hi can I ask you how you found all of this info as I have a great great grandfather who died in Rubery hill hospital and I’m trying to get any info on how he died and why he was admitted, thanks
  16. changinman1

Winson Green Prison

Hi Iv found out that one of my paternal grandfathers Joseph Field was transferred from Winson Green on April 7th 1897 to Rubery Hill asylum, he died in there in 1890 but what I need to know is why he was in winson green in the first place . ???
  17. changinman1

Rubery Hill Asylum Hospital

Hi ye it was a long shot but hey not to worry.
  18. changinman1

Royal Flying Corps Royal Air Force WW1

oh Janice thankyou for this info , so basically he ticked the box like a lot probably did at that time , im guessing it was compulsory .
Back