• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. bigears

Birmingham Superprix And Birmingham Motoring Festivals

A very interesting story about the missing barriers. The official story from the council said that vandals got into the circuit over the night and loosen the nuts/bolts of the Armco barriers, hence the delays on Sunday morning for the F3000 practice. But then as pieces of barriers are suppose...
  2. bigears

Any more stories or photographs from the Super Prix or Motoring Festivals?
  3. bigears

Birmingham Events

What year was the photo taken? It is great to see those people looking pretty relaxed in public. Do you or anyone have any more stories from the Birmingham Superprix?
  4. bigears

That is very interesting, never knew that there was an open day so the people can wonder around the paddock area to have a gander at the cars. I got very few photos from the 1975 and 1978 event and I would love to see some rare photos out there.
  5. bigears

Do you have any memories or even photos you can share with me and the forum please?
  6. bigears

Tell me what you got so I might have something missing in my video collection.
  7. bigears

Does anyone got any more info about the Superprix and its history?
  8. bigears

That's very interesting...! New information to me. I will have to ask around what is the Birmngham council's involvement with the event. I only know that the Birmingham council sponsored a race at Mallory Park in 1972(?)
  9. bigears

Wonderful photos! I had problem opening the photo of the red F3000 car in the first post you made. EDIT>> Ah you have edited your post. So far I can see you went to 1987 and 1989 Birmingham Superprix. Could you tell me which of the photos was during practice or qualifying or the race. Maybe...
  10. bigears

Aha, I uploaded those Superprix videos on YouTube. I am 'lemanslegend' from YouTube you see! Thank you for your reply though.
  11. bigears

Birmingham Nightclubs of the Past - Memories

Was that back in 1971? From my website: https://forix.autosport.com/8w/bsp-71.html
  12. bigears

I am currently researching into the Birmingham Motoring Festivals that took place in 1970, 1972, 1975, 1978, 1980 and 1984. Also I am looking into the important years of the Birmingham Superprix from 1986-1990. Perhaps my website could jog some memories amongst you...
  13. bigears

Birmingham Events

Any advice please? Thanks. :)
  14. bigears

Birmingham Events

Maybe it is worth a look in my Birmingham Superprix website: https://forix.autosport.com/8w/bsp.html I would like to make a new thread about the history of the Super Prix and allow people to contribute into the thread, which sub-forum is the best place for me to start?
  15. bigears

Birmingham Events

Brilliant photos from the Superprix, do you have any more to share in this thread?
Back