• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. B

Lea Village GP from 60s Mirfield Surgery - Poolway Medical Centre

I am having trouble finding my original GP from the 60's and think his name was Dr. Cane or Caine. There was a GP that joined this practice Dr. Goldstein and they worked from Lea Village Surgery/not sure of the name - it was a house initially (this is now a children's nursery). I am not sure if...
  2. B

52 Dinglemead, Kings Heath

I’ve just been told today that my Mom and Dad lived at 52 Dinglemead when they got married back in 1948. Im not how long they lived there but my two brothers were born there so that means at least until 1954. However I cannot find this address on google maps. I can only assume that the...
  3. B

Toy shop on Lea Village back in 1970’s

I have fond memories on visiting the toy shop on the Lea Village when I was a child and it’s been gone years now but the shop is still there and I pass it everyday and it makes me think of what it was called. Does anyone remember the shop it was near the island and I remember going lots of...
  4. B

William Tibbetts, Cradley

I am working on my family tree and I have Samuel Darby marrying a Mary Tibbetts so wanted to find out if the Tibbetts link was attached to another branch of my tree. There seems to be crossing overs all over the place. I have found through familysearch a William Tibbetts who marries a Mary...
  5. B

William Enoch Rowland Adams 1848

Hello I am trying to work out the surname of who William married. I’ve found the family in census records and his wife is Eliza. I’ve looked up the children and some have mother’s maiden name as Darby but others have no Mothers MM. I found a marriage for Eliza Darby to Roland Adams in 1867...
  6. B

Darby & Whitcombe - Dudley

I am trying to find the grandparents of Walter Darby 1918. I found the maiden name of his mother as Whitcombe. But I am not finding anything for her birth or a marriage to a Darby. I am told by relatives that the wife/mother of Walter died and he remarried but I am stuck as I have not got the...
  7. B

Leafield Crescent Glebe Farm

My Mother remembers living in Holloway Head as a youngster but the whole family being moved out to the Glebe, Kitts Green, Birmingham and living in prefab houses for a time. She thinks the houses were built on a large oval ground and I cannot work out where this would have been. Was the City...
  8. B

Adey Frederick

I’m trying to track down Linsmith Motors Birmingham. In the 1911 census states which Frederick worked there. But cannot find. Anyone heard of this?
Back