• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. S

Shirestone School

yes indeed
  2. S

Central Grammar, International School Tile Cross

I remember the 4 star verbs with Mr Firth, always learned to conjugate them, painful not too|
  3. S

Central Grammar, International School Tile Cross

I too was in Mr davisons 1s, class, however I was there in 1968 and I remember Robert woodford who became headboy whilst I was there. I am sure he joined the RN. Seemed to remember meeting him in HMS Collingood.
  4. S

Woodcock St Baths.

attended a gala at woodcock st with Central grammar School in 1971, and for some reason must have annoyed some chap because as we left we had a massive fight in the road. Tough geezer he turned out to be. Good draw.
  5. S

St Georges School, early 60.s

My wife went to this school when she lived in Wheeler street from 1957 till 1965, she remembers playing in Burbury park. Does anyone remember this school or have any photographs. It seems to have disappeared like a lot of memorable places.
  6. S

Alderlea Secondary School

Central Grammar has not gone just lost the name.
  7. S

The Two Hands, The Packhorse, The Cheshire Cat and The Harlequin - Shard End!

Cannot think of another beverage, however the national institution that is the British Pub is a dying one. People, cost, trend, mini series, lack of social interaction all in all. Schade
  8. S

Does Any Remember Steve Ford - Local Comedian In Late 60s

How amazing are you, I showed the wife the video clip yesterday and she forwarded to her family, they were enthralled to be able to see their dad yet again. Still funny after all this time. Many Thanks They wil be intrigued by the most recent of research. Again BZ.
  9. S

Living in Portsmouth then. Well fareham which is close.
  10. S

So many memories, thank-you very Much, will show the good lady later, sure to cause a few tears. never had videos in my day and that is a treasure. So very much appreciated and glad I joined this site if only for a wonderful glimpse of a true artist. I do remember those jokes, but still...
  11. S

Wierdly from my bedroom window I used to be able to see the Blue lights of the Hunters Moon.
  12. S

The Bell Marston Green.

Perhaps we met. Who knows?
  13. S

Unfortunately he has passed now. My pleasure it was good to know that he entertained you enough to be remembered. Keeps his name alive. Cheers John.
  14. S

The Bell Marston Green.

My "aunt", mrs Skinner lived opposite the Bell. In 64. Used to walk down the lane that ran at the back of the sweet factory.
  15. S

Used to go with my mom to the outdoor at the Harlequin, we lived in the maisonettes in packington Avenue. I left to join the Navy in 74but used to go to the Packhorse and Harlequin during leave.
  16. S

I remember him, he was my father in law. Excellent comedian. Did a stint on the golden Shot too.
  17. S

Shard End - Which School?

My oppo Alan Taman lived at 18 Hall Hayes road, he was born in 57 and went to Hillstone. You may remember the Ascot building which was a temporary set of classrooms built across the playing fields.
  18. S

Hillstone Infants and Junior School

I was at Hillstone from 1961 to 1968, Miss Clay was headteacher, there was Mr Arkinstall, Mr Smith Mr Broughton. Some of my classmates were Brian Amos, andy carpenter , Alan Taman, christine Baker, carol Mundy, Tina wellard, john Pratt, et al. Loved that school. Somewhere I have some pics of...
Back