• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. M

Cradley Heath Railway Station

Cradley Heath Station was originally opened in 1863. The photos here were taken in the late 1970's to mid 1980's before, during and after the station was rebuilt. The platforms were originally staggered - one either of the side of the level crossing and signal box. When it was rebuilt, both...
  2. M

Blakedown Station

Here are some photos of Blakedown station (on the line from Snow Hill to Kidderminster) from the early 1980's. The station still maintained a lot of its original GWR character, and many items from the GWR era:- The superb platform waiting room:- On the other platform an original GWR...
  3. M

Kendrick and Sons - Jewellery Quarter

I have a large batch of photos to post of the derelict building of Kendrick and Sons Printers - but first I want to establish their exact location as I cannot remember precisely - I think they were somewhere by the top of Key Hill Drive backing onto Hylton Street?? - can anyone help with a map...
  4. M

Chemist Shop in Hubert Street Aston

Does anyone know what happened to this shop please - were its contents and/or fittings saved? https://www.macearchive.org/films/atv-today-08041974-chemist-shop
  5. M

Aston Villa - League Champions 1981

Especially for Lyn........ Sunday 3rd May 1981 - Villa have won the league championship for the seventh time the day before, despite loosing 2-0 at Arsenal (good old Bosco Jankovich)...... at least half (if not more) of the second city is celebrating big time.......... I am in Victoria Square...
  6. M

69 Bus Route

I've found some random photos taken during the 70's and the 80's of buses on the 69 route (Lozells via Wheeler Street) - I've tried to piece them together in geographical rather than chronological order:- Firstly looking towards the old Lucas factory across New John St West when it was still a...
  7. M

Outside Broadcasts

Thought I would start a new thread looking at TV Outside Broadcasts from Brum over the years. First lets start with good old ATV. I have only 3 photos of ATV OB's, featuring their old PC60 cameras - none very good:- Covering a greyhound racing meeting at the old Perry Barr Dog Track (where...
Back