• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Blakedown Station

Mark Tooze

master brummie
Here are some photos of Blakedown station (on the line from Snow Hill to Kidderminster) from the early 1980's. The station still maintained a lot of its original GWR character, and many items from the GWR era:-

The superb platform waiting room:-
1666732144316.png
1666732182012.png
1666732237742.png

On the other platform an original GWR platform name sign and corrugated iron shed:-
1666732320854.png

Detail from the platform footbridge, showing a construction date of 1884:-
1666732391791.png

Last edited:
I note the signal box still has (partly unpainted) the station's original name of "Churchill and Blakedown".

Back