• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. Andy1

ITS VIVIENNES 14s BIRTHDAY

Happy birthday to you ☺️
  2. Andy1

Reservoir Road, Erdington - Fuel Spillage 1950's / 1960's ?

Hello, bit of a long shot here. My father told me of a time when my my mum stopped the traffic in both directions on Reservoir Road, Erdington following a fuel spillage. She managed to stop the traffic approaching from both ways until emergency services arrived, as a discarded cigarette end...
  3. Andy1

Lewis & Randall Ltd - Architectural & Industrial Photographers- later John Whybrow Ltd

Thank you for this Bob, I shall have a read of P.64 and also put 'Birmingham on old postcards' on my list too, Andrea
  4. Andy1

Ghost signs of Birmingham

"Nourishing Stouts". Great old sign at the back of the Station Pub (Sutton Coldfield).
  5. Andy1

Prefabs

I remember walking to my nan's house as a little girl and seeing the prefabs that ran along the edge of Witton Lakes Park (Perry Common Road). Not sure how long they have been gone, but a good number of years I would think
Back