• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. P

Warwick Road Greet.

Hi . Many thanks for your notes about your shop in Warwick Road. Just about going out at a young age, my sister, me and my cousin would be given a bag by my Gran with the empty beer bottles, the correct change and go to the off licence to get a new bottle of beer for our Grandad. Our age about...
  2. P

Guest, Keen & Nettlefolds Smethwick - Works Fire Brigade WW2.

Hi. I have uploaded the photo and you can see it's in the same doorway so it must be Heath Street . Many thanks. Paul Burns.
  3. P

Warwick Road Greet.

Hi. Many thanks for the photo of the old school. I only went there for a few weeks as my parents sent my sister and I to Greenmore College . Many Thanks. Paul Burns.
  4. P

Guest, Keen & Nettlefolds Smethwick - Works Fire Brigade WW2.

Hi. Going through my family history, I found a photo of my Father and other family members of the GKN Fire Brigade taken after the war had finished or may be during the war. The photo was taken at the front steps to the building and shows 4 family members in uniform with their fire chief also in...
  5. P

Warwick Road Greet.

Hi. Many thanks for the photo, I remember this part of the road be it a bit more busy when I used to go loco spotting at Tyseley shed. These visits with out getting caught started my career of the footplate for 40 years. There used to be a couple of drivers who would come into the shop in the...
  6. P

Warwick Road Greet.

Hi. Many thanks for this , Managed to kick a few footballs on the roof of the garage and our window cleaner made a few bob getting them off the roof. I was born there in 1954 my sister was also born there in 1952. The little square box at the bottom of the garden was the outside small room ...
  7. P

Warwick Road Greet.

Hi. Many thanks for your help and yes that's the shop as shown on the map. I think that 235 was a cafe as I and my sister played with the children who lived there. We both went to the school in Percy Road ,which is still there I think. With the photo of Warwick Road, about where the middle...
  8. P

Warwick Road Greet.

Hi. My parents ran the sweet shop No 237 Warwick Road, Greet and ran it for a few years. We moved from the shop in 1966 and went to Bewdley Worcs. On trip last year to find the places we lived at, I found that the house my Father/Mother lived in No 65 Hume Street - next to the garage was now a...
  9. P

cato street

Hi. I'm looking for any details of the railway lodging house that might of been in Cato Street or Devon Street - not sure which road. Would any one have any photo's of the building and details of the person who ran it for the railways. Thanks. Paul Burns.
Back