• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. S

P.c. Albert Moore Beat Bobby 1960s Hurst Street And Town Etc

Has anyone knowledge of a Police Constable Albert Moore, he was a beat bobby around where I lived. I think he was either at Edgbaston Police Station or Digbeth Police Station. He walked me home safe many a night and looked after me when I queued for my Beatles tickets in the early hours of the...
  2. S

Foulkes/Fowkes Family - Ladywood/Handsworth/Smethwick

I have hit a brick wall with my family research so if anyone out there is researching this name and has any ideas as to what or where I can go next it would be most appreciated. My 2x Gt Grandfather was Henry Foulkes/Fowkes born c1820 in Birmingham, on the 25/12/1840 he married Mary Spalding...
  3. S

Auxiliary Fire Service

Edit. The Auxiliary Fire Service was formed in 1938. It supplemented the work of local brigades. It was superseded in August 1941 by the National Fire Service. Members of the AFS were unpaid part-time volunteers, but could be called up for whole-time paid service if necessary...
Back