• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Foulkes/Fowkes Family - Ladywood/Handsworth/Smethwick

sheiljoy

knowlegable brummie
I have hit a brick wall with my family research so if anyone out there is researching this name and has any ideas as to what or where I can go next it would be most appreciated.

My 2x Gt Grandfather was Henry Foulkes/Fowkes born c1820 in Birmingham, on the 25/12/1840 he married Mary Spalding b1820 at Harborne Parish Church. His father was stated as Warley Foulkes deceased, Glass Cutter. I have looked everywhere possible that I can online (due to a disability I am limited) and the only Henry Foulkes baptism I can find is for a Henry Foulkes b: 27/4/1820 - christened 1834 at St Marys Handsworth to a Benjamin & Catherine Foulkes

I have all the census info and in 1841 Henry & Mary Folkes/Foulkes/Fowkes lived at Ninevah Handsworth & in 1871 he appeared with a different wife called Caroline

Back