• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. 6

Yew Tree Pub, Yardley

I understand that it has changed its name to The Fat Swan !! See Attached.
  2. 6

Pre-decimalisation money

Well just to add my two penorth LOL, pre decimalisation money amounts were written down as £, S, D, IE £2/19/11 or even 59/11d .......... £2.0.0 + 19/- + 11d = £2/19/11. I do hope I have got this right, memory not as good as it was.
  3. 6

The Penguin Club, Trinity Rd, Aston.

Lyn, it didnt burn down, Jonny went out of business, it was such a shame he was a really nice guy, and to quote himself "I should have spent money on business lessons and not elocution" Very sad .
  4. 6

Park Street Burial Ground

This is the link, (sent to me by E.Wilkes) interestingly there is a contact phone number in Birmingham. https://hs2inbirmingham.commonplace.is/
  5. 6

Today I have STRANGELY received two emails from different people, one giving me a link to a web site, the other to tell me the person is on holiday until 3rd January. More to follow.
  6. 6

Still no answer from them :worried: I have now Emailed their Media Office.
  7. 6

I have contacted them by email. I have asked just one question that being " Where are the human remains removed from Park St Cemetery Birmingham "
  8. 6

I have found that the company responsible for the excavation of the graves etc is MOLA Headland. https://molaheadland.com/tag/birmingham/
  9. 6

James Watt and slavery

Ironic that we are discussing James Watt, as today 25th August is the 200th anniversary of his death. A brilliant man.
  10. 6

Lichfield Road Aston

FANTASTIC, I love them, Thank you Lyn.
  11. 6

Shop - can you identify please

Its Lee Longlands on Broad St, stood looking in there many times when i worked off Broad St.
  12. 6

Burbury Street

Hello all. Does anyone have a copy of the Youtube video ? it cant be watched now as "The account associated with the content has been closed " I would love to see it.
  13. 6

The Old Bike Factory, Nechells, 1899

Fantastic photos. Thank you.
  14. 6

Street furniture

I came across this nice old picture postcard of The Mint Icknield St, with a lovely old horse trough on show.
  15. 6

Centenary Square developments 2019

Well i do hope you enjoy sitting looking at your "Loads of photographs" added to your archive.
  16. 6

Street furniture

For members who would like to see the so called Possibly Last Horse Trough in Brum. Here it is.
  17. 6

The Market Hall And The Mechanical (percy Shurmer) Clock

Came across this photo today.
  18. 6

Queens Head Steelhouse Lane

I cant help feel the the old pub, and the yard area must have been demolished and rebuilt !
  19. 6

Scout Jamboree Sutton park

See link for more information, seen by S Bodnar in the park 1979 ! http://www.spnh.scnhs.org.uk/bi-recs.html
Back