• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. H

Saltley & Alum Rock

No I went to shaw hill but I lived on arden road
  2. H

Saltley & Alum Rock

Hi I also worked at holdens from 1977 to 2005 I remember Pete wall and david wall what was your dads name I used to live in Arden road
  3. H

Gypsy’s Tent pub Bordesley Green

Yes it's very sad It used to be a very popular pub
  4. H

What were there first names I used to play cards with Henry,Johnny doyle,Peter crook,and a few others do you remember any of them also used to play darts in the bar and pool
  5. H

I also used to drink in there when lena had it it was a great pub then I remember John rackham taking it over we used to play cards in the back room
  6. H

Duddeston Manor School.

Yes my nickname is Alfie's and I have a brother Gary who sadly passed away in 2016
  7. H

Saltley Hot Air Balloon Accident

I also remember the incident I wad a pupil at duddeston manor school and we saw the balloon going down then on the way home to Arden road in saltley we had to walk down duddeston mill road past the canal we saw the balloon on the tow path with police all around it
  8. H

Adderley park

Love the pictures of Arden road i remember the cafe and the old lady who lived next door the house in adderley park was the parkeepers house
  9. H

Adderley park

No I cannot recall the blues man what sort of era did you play in adderley park and by the canals I presume the tyres you mean at the top of hams road also my wife attended the rosary
  10. H

Shaw Hill school Anthony Road School

Happy days at Shaw hill school 1965 to 1971
  11. H

Sorry meant John rackham
  12. H

I used to go into the gypsies when Lena ran it and when she left John Beckham took it over we used to have some great nights in there
  13. H

I see to drink in the gypsy tent in the late seventies and early eighties anybody remember that era
  14. H

Adderley park

I know the houses we lived by the school in Arden road our house also backed onto the park do you remember anyone who you used to hang out with
  15. H

Adderley park

Presume with a name like rosary boy you went to the rosary school did you ever venture into adderle park it was always full of kids playing football
  16. H

Duddeston Manor School.

My name is David howkins I went to duddeston manor school between 1972 and 1977 does anybody remember that period
  17. H

Saltley & Alum Rock

Pretoria road was in bordesley green that is where my now to be wife was born i remember walking her home after a night at the country girl pub it was so nice in those days
  18. H

Adderley park

Hi I am new to the forum i lived in Arden road saltley from 1961 to 1986 has any body got any memories from around that time
Back