• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. M

Cardinal Newman

In 1939 I went to the Oratory primary school in Hyde Road Ladywood and religious teaching emanated from the Oratory Church in Hagley Road. The pupils were very mixed; some who lived in the very deprived back-to-backs would come to school without socks; I lived a bus ride ride away in Poplar...
  2. M

Ex Royal Irish Constabulary

3. M

John. This page defeats me a little. Could we exchange email addresses or phone numbers? I can't make head or tail of how I do it on this site!
  4. M

Dear John I am really very pleased to be talking to a member of the Stokes family. Patrick was my grandfather, my mother was Eveleen Stokes who married a Lewis and then I married a Ramsay; much easier for you men who keep the same name! Having said that our ancestors keep the same christian...
  5. M

You clever person!
  6. M

Thank you. Before I delete it is there any way of sending my reply through the mail to save me retyping it please?
  7. M

I was very pleased to have your note because I have tried to piece together the Stokes brothers five of whom were members of the RIC. All I have of John (your great grandfather) is his date of birth 23/06/1857 and a marriage to Margaret Hart. I am very keen to find the marriage records of...
  8. M

My grandfather retired as a Sergeant from the RIC and received a pension. He brought his family to Birmingham and continued to have his pension paid to him from the Birmingham City Police but was officially retired. Does anyone know where I can obtain dates of when this happened? The family...
  9. M

Information on members of Birmingham Police particularly those who were in the Royal Irish Constabulary

You can tell I'm a beginner having just discovered this wonderful site of all things Birmingham! Born there but left in 1962 for the sunny south but my heart is still thee1 Thank you for your info which sets me on a trail into the past!
  10. M

Information on members of Birmingham Police particularly those who were in the Royal Irish Constabulary

I am looking for info of my grandfather Patrick Stokes who was finally pensioned off in Birmingham on c1926/8 after serving in Ireland. Does anyone know of any records and where they are please?
Back