• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. W

Records or Music You Thought You Didn't Like

Hello folks I've started this thread after thinking very early this morning , in the 60's I used to wince when Pictures of Matchstick Men came on the tv or radio . I quite enjoy it now . A few more that I didn't like but quite cherish now are, Tender Trap ,It Was A Very Good Year by Frank...
  2. W

Big Brum to start ringing again

Well it's been up for 135 years , it's been silent for a decade . It's due to start ringing again hopefully within the month , Hurrah
  3. W

POLICE MATTER

I would just like to pay my respect to the policeman that lost his life in the course of his duty . People need to realise they are here to protect us , they are not the enemy .
  4. W

More Concrete Does Birmingham Need It ?

Birmingham Mail Today report 1000 new apartments comprising of 13 Blocks spread across Birmingham City Centre . The proposed site along Bristol St where Monaco House stood . Is it really needed or necessary ? I'm interested in other forum members opinions
  5. W

A Christmas Carol

Has any forum member been watching the Stephen Knight adaptation of the above, over the last three evenings. I can't remember the last time I saw such drivel . Stephen Knight of Peaky Blinders fame , I only hope the BBC doesn't intend to show it again next Christmas .
  6. W

Martineau Galleries development 2019

I read in the paper today that what I knew as Martineau Square is to be demolished , the owners seem to think it will be of benefit after serious crime and stabbings of the the last months . This will include new shops office and residence for about 1300 , what does the forum think ?
  7. W

El Chiquero Restaurant

Did any forum member visit the above in the 1960's , it was situated corner Hagley Road and Norfolk Road . I'd be glad to hear from anyone that did
  8. W

Food and Eating

Well Lyn according to Mike, it was demolished because people wanted to get to fill their faces
  9. W

William Street

Mike you maybe able to help me while living at 74 William St 1955-69 , I heard a couple of tales that said that where our house was it was originally a public house some years ago , don't know how far back you can go but the story goes it was called The Monkey House. It may have been true but...
Back