• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. S

Mothers Maiden Sunrame On Birth Certificate

Hello, I have a situation regarding the children of my G Grandparents. From what I've learned, in total they had 14 children, with children 1, 7, 8 and 9 having a differnt Mothers maiden surname to the the other 9 children. Child 3 was born in 1909 so I'm not sure of his Mothers maiden name...
  2. S

Thomas Sheridan Clothes Dealer

Hi, I have found Thomas Sheridan in Kellys for 1897. He was listed as a Clothes Dealer (Secondhand) at 28 Moseley Street. I was wondering if he was listed in 1892. Thanks Steve
  3. S

Catholic Marriages

I am trying to unravel the mystery of my G-Grand Parents life in the 1890's and 1900's. I have their marriage certificate for 1907 at St. Catherines. I hoping someone can tell me the regulations for getting married at a Catholic Church at that time. They state they are over 21 and bachelor and...
  4. S

Marriage Record For Aston

The marriage was in the 3rd quarter of 1899 Sheridan Thomas Aston 6d743 Thomas occupation would probably be a porter, age about 37-38 birthplace Coventry. Father's name John Mother Bridget. The bride would be Mary Brannon age 39 - 40 an Hawker. Thanks Steve
  5. S

Kate Parkes Birth Look Up

My G-GrandMother who became Kate Weston when she married my G-GrandFather gave her maiden name as Parkes for 8 of her children born after 1911. I am able to find 1 Kate Parkes born in Birmingham in the right time frame. I did not find a Catherine Parkes. Births Sep 1887 (>99%)PARKES Kate...
  6. S

Catherine Sheridan And James Weston

Catherine Sheridan married James Weston in the 4 quarter of 1907 SHERIDAN Catherine Birmingham 6d359 I have been told Catherine named Thomas Sheridan as her Father, although he probably was not her Father. I am wondering if there is any mention of witnesses. At the time of their marriage...
  7. S

Thomas Sheridan Marriage 1899

Hello again, I am trying to figure if this is the Thomas Sheridan that married my G-GrandMothers Mother. The marriage was in the 3rd quarter of 1899 Sheridan Thomas Aston 6d743 Thomas occupation would probably be a light porter, age about 37-38 birthplace Coventry. Father's name John Mother...
  8. S

Weston Family Look Up

Hello, I am tracing my family and have discovered that several were christened at St. Martin's. These are the children of William Weston born 1821 in Staffordshire, maybe Bilston and Sarah who may have been Sarah Tabbutt. I think they were married in 1846/7 in Staffordshire but then moved to...
Back