• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by zircon

1. Z

Pagett Family - Kings Heath

Name: Arthur Pagett Gender: Male Birth Year: abt 1867 Marriage Date: 10 May 1896 Marriage Age: 29 Marriage Place: Hockley, All Saints, Warwickshire, England Spouse: Adelia Thornton Spouse Gender: Female Spouse Marriage Age: 25 Father: Jonathan Pagett Spouse's Father: William...
  2. Z

Pagett Family - Kings Heath

1911 living at 131 stoney lane balsall heath Arthur Pagett 45 wire drawer adelia 40 Arthur 14 butchers boy Nellie 13 frederick10 frank 8 William 6 walter 5 Charles 3 Stanley 2 W illiam Thornton age 45 brass founder .... wifes brother Arthur and adelia married for 14 years had 9 children 8...
  3. Z

Bull Family

Hi Mike Annie Bull is listed in 1912 electoral registers as 37 Allcock St What a strange lady to try to trace , she certainly didn't want to make it easy rob
  4. Z

Bull Family

Hi Mike Christ church Yardley wood Frank was buried 10/12/1910 age 48 of 5 Liverpool St Deritend He is buried in plot A202 His mother Ann is also in the same plot she was buried 16/11/1904 age 73 years of Institute Rd Kings Heath As far as I could see there were no further burials in that plot...
  5. Z

Bull Family

On Ancestry I have tried to trace the family but with not much luck However I looked on the electoral rolls and traced George from Collingdale Rd to 217 Charles rd, in 1920,1922,1927,1927 and 1930 he is listed as being in Charles Rd , the other person listed on a number of occasions is Fanny...
  6. Z

Bull Family

The 1901 census gives A.A. as a daughter born 1894, in 1911 she is down as Ada but there is no Ada with an A born in Bham in 1894ish , there is a Ada Emily b 1894 also a Annie Adelaide born 1893 in Aston could Ada in 1911 be short for Adelaide and then she uses her first name in 1912 to marry...
  7. Z

Bull Family

Hi Mike This family is more mysterious as time goes on You say you have the marriage and birth certificate for George henry , could I see a copy please I seem to think that the children ' f born 1881 , /a born 1882 / a born 1888 are not Franks but Harriets from another marriage There are a...
  8. Z

Birmingham Tramways Department in the First World War

That's my pleasure i did wonder what is referred to when it says in the book "permanent way department" ie where's that? i may see you at colmore or if not at the stadium regards rob
  9. Z

Birmingham Tramways Department in the First World War

I got a copy yesterday A great book to read well done
  10. Z

Bull Family

Hi Frank died in 1910 and is buried with his mother Ann in Yardley Wood, although his father George is buried in All Saints Kings Heath It would obviously be helpful to get Franks death certificate Up until recently I knew nothing about Frank except his death etc and the family rumour What...
  11. Z

Vaughan Harriett 1911 census

not to worry ive just found her searched for ages with no luck thanks rob
  12. Z

i still cant find her on ancestry
  13. Z

hi hope someone can help me here i have an ancestry account and am looking for harriet vaughan born 1844 in upton bishop hereford, she lives in kings norton in 1911 and is a widow but try as i may i cant find her, however the site find my past lists her on a search as harriett vaugh...
  14. Z

Coach company Hurst street.

It was indeed Worthingtons, my late father was a driver for them and i can remember as a youngster going with him regularly to take people to the ferry in Wales and then onto Ireland We regularly had one of their coaches outside the house
  15. Z

The Cottage, Mill Pool Hill Kings Heath

i also have a relative in 1911 lived at Canal Side Mill Pool Hill a Thomas Hill living with a Mary Sawyer Thomas is said to have drowned himself in the canal
Back