• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Pagett Family - Kings Heath

B

BernardR

My late father in law was from Kings Heath (George Road I htink) and was one of a number of boys and one girl. Born early part of 1900's ( really must dig out the box with the information in but it is well buried at present due to alterations.

Names I can recall at present.

Fred (eldest?).
Walter (my FiL).
Stanley.
Charlie (never really grew up and treated the 'Vale of Evesham' as his personal orchard).
William (Bill)
Herbert(?)
Nellie

Stumped so will add the rest when I have found the box.

The Pagett Boys and Sister Plus 1.jpg Pagett Boys Now Men.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Astonian

I got it wrong it was Albert Road or Alfred Street - my befuddled brain letting me down - at the Southern end of KH just before the Howard Road crossing. They all went to Colmore Road School.

BTW there were at least 6 boys then maybe one or two more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for that gee - emm - I should not have relied upon Google Earth plus my eyesight. I know where they are just forgotten the names. I used to go to school and to work for a while in KH. I was once sent out on my bike to sort out a light fitting for two elderly sisters in Addison Road who had only just been in a house with electric light; having been moved from inner Birmingham where they had gas. They would swish the light on and and then douse it - bless them.

Can anyone advise where this address would be situated as information provided by MHEmery has given me previous addresses for the family including this one -

Arthur Pagett - Census.JPG

Bernard, There is a Blenheim Road off School Road Kings Heath, so would assume Blenheim Place would have been fairly close to there. School Road runs from the Church at Popular Road/Cambridge Road junction towards Moseley

Colin

Great Colin. I really should know a little more of Kings Heath having worked their for a while. Time to search a few old maps maybe. From info Michael (MHEmery) provided (1901 Census) I now know the family were previously living on Stoney Lane.

By the way Michael is a cousin of my first wife.

Bernard
Below is map showing Blenheim Place opposite the end of Blenheim Road

map_c_1954_showing_Blenheim_place.jpg

1911 living at 131 stoney lane balsall heath
Arthur Pagett 45 wire drawer
adelia 40
Arthur 14 butchers boy
Nellie 13
frederick10
frank 8
William 6
walter 5
Charles 3
Stanley 2 W
illiam Thornton age 45 brass founder .... wifes brother
Arthur and adelia married for 14 years had 9 children 8 alive 1 died
all born birmingham

Name:Arthur Pagett
Birth Year:abt 1867
Marriage Date:10 May 1896
Marriage Age:29
Marriage Place:Hockley, All Saints, Warwickshire, England
Spouse:Adelia Thornton
Spouse Gender:Female
Spouse Marriage Age:25
Father:Jonathan Pagett
Spouse's Father:William Thornton

Hi zircon
I have been reading your info on your Arther Padgett whom got married in all saints. Hockley
And wondering there was a connection to the paggetts I once knew many years ago far back to the late fiftys,
And they lived in George street west hockley then they moved to crabtree road years later
There daughter was named carol and she had one brother and years later I spotted her again after all those years
With whom I presume would be her husband or partner with a child between them
And this as by the kings heath British legion end on the high street I never spoke to her but I presumed they was seeing parents
Or relatives to them
Is there any possible conne tion to the same paggetts of those two address carol at the time of George street west would
Have been at school age possibly they lived close to a corner shop on George street west many thanks Astonian,,,,,,

Alan we are hijacking Bernards thread here but are the Pagetts you knew, James and Teresa with children Carole and Tyrone.

Back