• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by paulinehorton

1. P

Picture re-touch

oldMohawk, thank you so much, and yes, another 5 star ⭐️ for you! A very happy Christmas to you and your family, Pauline.
  2. P

Picture re-touch

RobT, thank you so very much. So much better than I had hoped for. Have a very merry Christma, Pauline.
  3. P

Rotunda

On the attached two pictures, Ansell’s was at the base of the Rotunda, Coca-Cola was at the top, no dates I’m afraid.
  4. P

Picture re-touch

Hi and thank you dennissheldon, the effort and time you have put into this picture is appreciated, Pauline.
  5. P

Picture re-touch

Thank you oldMohawk. Am in awe of your talents. Pauline
  6. P

Coronation Road Bordesley Green Birmingham.

Hi MWS, Coronation Road is not the road name, it is Carnarvon Road. so right place, wrong name. I apologize if I caused you any inconvenience. As per the attached street map, it was a few hundred yards from Crown Road, and ran a short distance parallel to Bordesley Green Road. i lived in Prince...
  7. P

Picture re-touch

Thank you Jonob, yes, that is my husbands father. Pauline.
  8. P

Wimbush Bakery

Other A D Wimbush vehicles.
  9. P

Hope & Anchor pub Edmund St

The attached picture shows toilets (Lavs) outside the entrance to the Library. and a close up of the map does indeed have toilet steps separated by the word Lav/Lay.
  10. P

Picture re-touch

Hello, this is a 1935 picture of my husbands father and soon to be wife. would it be possible to tidy this up for him ? Kind regards Pauline.
  11. P

Picture re-touch

Morturn, just been looking at the before & after picture of Bordesley Green Road again. I am always astounded at the way you special people turn terrible pictures to near perfect ones ! Thank you once again, Pauline.
  12. P

Picture re-touch

Hello, the Attached picture is of Bordesley Green Road, just past the lamppost lived a relative. Could one of you lovely people please tidy it up for me ? Regards, Pauline.
  13. P

Railway's in the 50's

In the above picture of New Street Station, with the train leaving the tunnel, are the gabled structures over the tunnels those on Worcester Street as the attached picture ?
  14. P

Old street pics..

Great picture. Extreme left was Dowding & Mills.
  15. P

Coronation Road Bordesley Green Birmingham.

Growing up around Bordesley Green, I can remember a road called Coronation Road, that ran parallel to Bordesley Green Road. However, I cannot see any map showing Coronation Road, could anyone help please.
Back