• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by nutter

1. N

Buttons Ltd Aston Birmingham

My mum was the cook there in the early 50s, May Nutt although some called her Biddie. Can’t remember much other than she working there.
  2. N

Looking For Help.

Astoness, thanks, your moving it worked, Mike has responded. Astonian. I knew about the sewing machine Nutts way back but dont know of any close relationship, more than likely there was, its an unusual surname. We had relatives in Kingstanding, Shirley, and I believe some around Erdington. I'm...
  3. N

Looking For Help.

Mike, many thanks for that, due to family issues, me moving on I have not even one picture from my young days, your map section brings back so many memories, thanks again. Dave (Nutter)
  4. N

Looking For Help.

Guys and gals, not sure if I am in the correct section but here goes. I see posts on here with sections of old series large scale maps, are these available to joe public, if so where from? I'm a Clifton Road Aston native lived there from 1943 until 1960 I would like to get hold of a large scale...
  5. N

Upper Thomas Street School Aston

I attended UTSS from 1948 to 1958, Mr York was head then, I recall the school starting a house system Perry- Hill- Ogden- Holt. I think in memory of Mr Hill. Mr Hurford, Gillard, Powel, Ellery, are a few teachers there then. I remember the school preps for the Queens coronation, also us all...
  6. N

Clifton Road Aston

Hi all, I lived at the other end of Clifton Rd, we were # 10/32 (10 back of 32) we certainly had small gardens, all seperated off by rows of wooden pailings. 15 houses, 61 occupants in total, with only 6 outside tiolets to be shared by all. Always fun early in the morning,folks queing up to be...
  7. N

Upper Thomas St.

Sylvia, thats kind of you, unfortunatly we wont be near Brum then,wish we where,it would be nice to come see you all. many many thanks, have a great time. Dave Nutt.
  8. N

Upper Thomas St.

Thanx, I have not been back since early 60s,left are joined Royal Marines,spent 21 years doing that. then ended uo in Kent, but now retired to South Wales. But, just this last year or so the memories keep calling back (I think its an age thing.lol) I am going on a around the UK memory road...
  9. N

Marshall and Osbournes

Hi all, Does anyone have any information or connections with Marshall and Osbournes, they had a factory in Princip St. My mother was the cook in the canteen there during the 50s,I do remember she had a helper assistant called lilly? any info would be appreciated. nutter
  10. N

Loveday Street Hospital

Hi Wendy-Brilliant pics, Im afraid there is another true Brummie here,I was born in L.S way back May 5th 1943, I am so happy to see the place, you have made my day. cheers gal nutter.
  11. N

Upper Thomas St.

Ray- That brings back lots of memories, really nice pic, about the best I have seen of U.T.S. JayelL-I also lived in Clifton Rd and spent my whole school life at Upper Thomas St, I am now 66,would it be about the same time as your mum? I left in 1958.
  12. N

Falklands Conflict 1982

He will have a great life, believe me. nutter
  13. N

Falklands Conflict 1982

Hi Both, Falklands vet here, Former ML1-Mountain Arctic Warfare Cadre, what a party that was, ha! the memories. looka fter yourselves. nutter
  14. N

Nutt family in Digbeth

Can anyone tell me how I find a house number. I know the occupants name, an approx date and name of road, just looking to find house number so I can visit,look and have sweet memories before I get much older.lol nutter
  15. N

Nutt family in Digbeth

Hi again, I didnt explain myself very well in earlier post I will try again-Can anyone tell me the house number for the Nutt family ( Ralph and Nellie) of Cranmore Boulevard Shirley Solihull. They lived there for definate in the 1950s. Hope someone can help. Nutter
Back