• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by lessped

1. lessped

Birmingham Nightclubs of the Past - Memories

Oh yes i remember the Alhambra later to be called the Parasol .
  2. lessped

Birmingham Nightclubs of the Past - Memories

Anybody remember the springhill ice rink was usually the last rsort if we didnt have much money ? :courage:
  3. lessped

dudley road, winson green

Hello again Mike thanks for getting back to the forum ahh so you are a little older than me , well you and yours do seem to have got about a bit , i cant remember exactly when i arrieved in icknield port road bur it was some time before the Coronation which as you know was in 1953 i do remember...
  4. lessped

Hi Lizy i bet you remember that little sweet shop right next to St Pats. school driveway they used to sell blackcurrant penny ice lols back in the 50s as i recall Cheers n Beers T.J :fat:
  5. lessped

Hi Mike i am so glad to find a kindred spirit from the Dudley road section of my early life :fat: i may be able to fill in a few details for you regarding the Trevor family , i dont know how well you were aquainted with them but i was great friends with there son Roy we were inseperable for many...
  6. lessped

The Bricklayers Arms

Re: Thebricklayers Arms Ahh yes i defo . remember that chippy mmm 3d worth of chips they were 4d but he took pity on us kids he was a realy nice man as i recall oh yes and we also loved the battered chips my mouth is watering just thinking bout them now :tongue:
  7. lessped

The Bricklayers Arms

Re: Thebricklayers Arms Hi all peeps i'm still alive and kicking apart from having my big toenails removed all is well , may i just pose another little question at the bottom of ick. port road was of course the Dudley road and on reaching that junction then turning right as if going towards...
  8. lessped

Sutton Park

Hi SueB58 so you are ex Handsworth peeps ? i am intrigued by your forum nom de plume i.e. Apprentice Brummie i would have thought you would qualify straight away given your previous and present addy. i.e. a Brummie is is a Brummie ennit hee hee never the less it is a real privilege and...
  9. lessped

Sutton Park

It hasn't changed in the slightest !
  10. lessped

Sutton Park

Hi SueB58 i'm there most mornings on my bike but i get there a little early around 5am i just love it at that time of the morning if i get there just as the dawn is coming up iget to see the bats feeding on the wing by the pools , a big plus is also the dawn chorus as the bird watcher refer to...
  11. lessped

Sutton Park

Hi am i right in thinking that Welshmans Hill on the Chester road north was a staging post back in the day ..?
  12. lessped

Birmingham buses

Re: Bus registrations Had one of those the faster you drove n the rain ..the slower the window wipers would work very dodgy ..
  13. lessped

The Bricklayers Arms

Re: Thebricklayers Arms Just A QUIKKIE do you remember a family called the Bishops they lived at bottom of Iknield port road just before the Dudley road junction ? .!
  14. lessped

Birmingham buses

Re: Bus registrations Ok thanks for that Radio much appreciated afraid i havent been able to see the whole site still trying to work out what forum's to go to .but i am getting there .!
  15. lessped

The Bricklayers Arms

I recall there was a sweet shop directly opposit the bricklayers arms that to was a little old lady her name i think was Mrs Green yes thats it Green it sticks in my mind cos my mother had to take a kitkat back that i had bought she noticed it had been nibbled by mice .. the things you could...
Back