• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Jackie Hill

1. Jackie Hill

Little king st hockley

I know there is a plaque thats I think is blue on on of the houses by GKS but there is also a big trade mark the lion, wheel, flambear on the wall of the house 36 Wheeler Street itis on the Lucas Memories Website GKS End of an era Photo 93 I have never posted a photo on the Forum but will have...
  2. Jackie Hill

Little king st hockley

Hi Bernard R and Brian Thank you for your help Bernard thank you so much for the web address it tells you about Harry Lucas and someone Steelet I think this could be Steeley taking out a pataint residing at Little King Street Brilliant Brian the plaque was put up for GKS I have a photo I will...
  3. Jackie Hill

Bowler Lamps Little King Street

Hi Bernard Little King Street was the first factory that Joseph Lucas had it was called the Tom Bowler works because it made the Tom Bowler Lamp
  4. Jackie Hill

Bowler Lamps Little King Street

can anybody tell me where the Lucas factory was in Little King Street Please
  5. Jackie Hill

Lucas Factory Works Demolition In Shaftmoor Lane Birmingham

Re: The Demolition of the Former Joseph Lucas Factory Works in Shaftmoor Lane Birming No the Gas Turbine Factory is still standing
  6. Jackie Hill

Lucas Parties & Pantomimes

if your Mom still has some photos and you would like them added to the Lucas Memories Website please let me know and we will arrange to get them, and on the Website
  7. Jackie Hill

Lucas Great King Street demolition

Hi walt00 Have you any photos of when you was dismantling things I will have a ring around see if I can come up with any info on where thing maybe now
  8. Jackie Hill

You have really made my day with the photo of the clock, and as soon as I'm able I will be going down to have a look at it, it's such a magnificent find I can't believe it I know you won't mind Lyn when you go down again can you see if you can get any info on how the clock came to be at the pub...
  9. Jackie Hill

What a brilliant find I can remember when I started at Shaftmoor Lane in the 60's, we had one of the clocks there used to be a rack at the side for you to put your clock card I'm always amazed at what still keeps turning up but this ones a GEM Would you mind if I used the photo on the Website
  10. Jackie Hill

Lucas Parties & Pantomimes

Hi Jim Have you had a look at the party photos on the Lucas Website www.lucasmemories.co.uk There are a lot of photos on there of all the Lucas Factories, iits nice to have a trip down memory lane, you may find a photo of your dad on there
  11. Jackie Hill

Lucas Formans Road Sparkhill

Do you know the man in the photo not sure if its Formans Road or Girling I'm told his first name is Albert and work for Lucas around 1940as
  12. Jackie Hill

Lucas Great King Street memories

Hi Lyn It amazes me just how many familys have connections with Lucas, and just how many photos and bits and pieces are still out there I had an email from a man in the USA asking me about a tool box he had bought from a sale it turned out to be an old Lucas shipping create Its brilliant Jackie
  13. Jackie Hill

Lucas Great King Street memories

Brilliant photos
  14. Jackie Hill

Mike G

My thoughts are with you and your family Wishing you a swift recovery
  15. Jackie Hill

Astoness ( lyn )

Hi Lyn I like many others have not been on the forum, I'm so sorry to hear of you loss, my thoughts are with you at this very difficult time
Back