• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Lucas Factory Works Demolition In Shaftmoor Lane Birmingham

Re: The Demolition of the Former Joseph Lucas Factory Works in Shaftmoor Lane Birming

No the Gas Turbine Factory is still standing

Re: The Demolition of the Former Joseph Lucas Factory Works in Shaftmoor Lane Birming

In that case what was the building that is in the film ?, one one thought I noticed today that there was work? being carried out on the former Joseph Lucas Car Park that is over the railway line I did think of asking the chaps that were there but I bottled it ( cry s of shame shame ) I wonder if they are going to keep the car park when the Supermarket,s ? occupy the land, or will it go ?

No the Gas Turbine Factory is still standing

Looks to me like a 3 storey building & the only one on the site that I remember (I left there in 1966!) is the newer one built across the end of the BW3 factory & housed the auto shop on the ground floor, assembly on the second floor & offices on the top floor. At the bridge end of the building which went over the entrance was the canteen. The video shows vehicles passing close by so I dont think it could be Spring Rd end of the site

Back