• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Mike G

we are all routing for him bri...if anyone can come through mike can....

lyn

I've been offline for a couple of days and have come back to read this dreadful news.

Hoping and praying that Mike will make a full recovery. My thoughts and best wishes are with him and his family.

Les

So far, Today, I haven't received an update but rest assured that when I do it will posted here, both Mike and his family know that they are in all our thoughts and prayers.
If wishes and prayers alone could cure Mike, he would be running a marathon tomorrow.

Too true Jim. He'll be back soon putting us in our place. I just know he will.

Last edited:
Mike I only know you through the forum, and hope you have a speedy recovery, and my thoughts are with you and your family.
Phil

Hi regarding mike
i have just come back this week end from holidays and have just read the thread of mike s illness
i am truly sorry to hear of this our dear friend mike
and that my emediate thoughts are with you all on this and wish mike a speedy recovery
best wishes astonion ;;

I toohave been missing for a while. My thoughts are with MikeG and his family and wish a speedy recovery. Mike has often commented on some of my posts and he feels like an old friend.The Best of Luck Mate.

I have just put the phone down after talking to Mikes wife, Maureen.
Mike is still very poorly but he is comfortable and may even be back home next week. Mike and all his family are really touched by the best wishes from everyone on the site.
More updates, as and when.

thanks jim...although mike is still very poorly it is so good to have a little bit of posative news....

lyn

Well that's great news I hope Mike continues to improve. Thanks Jim for keeping us updated.

Been off line for a day or two - I hope you make a good recovery Mike - our prayers are with you and your family.
Sheri

I have just put the phone down after talking to Mikes wife, Maureen.
Mike is still very poorly but he is comfortable and may even be back home next week. Mike and all his family are really touched by the best wishes from everyone on the site.
More updates, as and when.

Thank you so much for your updates.

So sorry to hear the bad news about Mike, he was so excited that his daughter was coming on a visit from Australia. I do hope he makes good progress and is soon back home with Maureen and family.

Back