• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Del-boy

1. Del-boy

Field Cyrus and Mary

Yes that was my initial thoughts as well, but then the writing is none too clear and I began to wonder if it was bombs!! I know she died in Rubery Hill Hospital in 1993. I haven't as got the death certificate. I will try and see if there is anymore information perhaps in Cambridgeshire as you...
  2. Del-boy

Field Cyrus and Mary

Wow overwhelmed with your replies master brummie. I had found the land army card and as can be seen it says transferred to bombs 20 April 1941. Later it looks like she was placed into reserved bombs 5 Jan 1942. I couldn't help but wonder if the note below is meant to say "Doctors certificate...
  3. Del-boy

Field Cyrus and Mary

I am trying to trace the relatives of people who knew my grandparents - Cyrus and Mary Field. They lived at 42 Serpentine Road, Harborne between 1920 and 1952. They had 5 children:- James, Doris, Edna, Barbara and Diamond. Neighbours names that I can recall are Harry & Isobel Minchin, Reginald &...
  4. Del-boy

PARKER, Victor George

I think you would remember Vic if you met him. He was a rather largish bloke and had the gift of the gab. I am attaching a photo of him - not sure when taken but that's my Aunty Diamond with him. It was taken after they emigrated.
  5. Del-boy

PARKER, Victor George

To be truthful I don't honestly know. I know that he and his family emigrated to Australia in 1971 and I also know that the partnership with Fred Parker broke up, but exactly when, I would need to enquire with his daughter Jacqui, who is my cousin. Don't know if that helps or not?
  6. Del-boy

PARKER, Victor George

I believe Victor got to the rank of Sergeant Major while serving with the British Army during WW2 and was stationed in Italy. Does anyone on the forum have relatives who may have known him whilst he was stationed out there? I am going to try and obtain his service records too, as I believe that...
  7. Del-boy

Tommy Jukes or Jewkes

I am trying to trace anyone who remembers the above person who lived in the Birmingham area in the 1950's and 1960's. My understanding is that he was possibly in the jewellery trade and possibly had a market stall from which he plied his trade. He was a friend of my uncle, Victor George Parker...
  8. Del-boy

PARKER, Victor George

I remember going to this house as a young kid. It was a little off there beaten track as I recall and remember the fields adjacent to the house. Thanks for that!
  9. Del-boy

PARKER, Victor George

I am indebted to you. He was one hell of a colourful character. In his defence I don't think he ever actually meant to scam people he was just trying to make a living for him and his family.
  10. Del-boy

PARKER, Victor George

I am indebted to you. Thank you so very much.
  11. Del-boy

PARKER, Victor George

You are a star! Thank you so much as that is really appreciated.
  12. Del-boy

Rosemary Crafts Such Beautiful Things??

I am hugely indebted to all who have replied to my post and my sincere apologies for the time that has elapsed since replies were posted.
  13. Del-boy

PARKER, Victor George

I am trying to find out more about my Uncle. At one time he had a jewellery business in the Jewellery Quarter known ( I believe) as Parker & Parker. The other Parker was a Fred Parker, although he was not related to the other, they just shared the same surname. I believe that they had a...
  14. Del-boy

Sons Of Rest

I know that this thread is a little old, but I am posting a reply because a great great uncle of mine - Thomas Field who was born in 1837 and lived in Birmingham all his life - was reputedly a founder of the society. I am just wandering if anyone has any more information about the society? I...
  15. Del-boy

Rosemary Crafts Such Beautiful Things??

I was just wandering if anyone has come across a business known as "The Rosemary Crafts"? This business was run by a N & K Cavenagh at 78 Carless Avenue in Harborne around the 1930's. A long shot I know, but any information about it would be gratefully welcomed. When viewed on Google Earth I...
Back