• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by col1955

1. C

OLD BIRMINGHAM PHOTOS FROM STEVEBHx

This was a shop owned by my father and initially run by my eldest brother and then my elder sister. it was 2 three bed terraced houses joined together. we used to play hide and seek in the house as there were so many rooms. I also watched the 1966 World Cup final in the lounge at the back. many...
  2. C

Stechford Area

Have you recieved my e mails ?
  3. C

Home Guard

i am looking to find info on my father james summers who was in a reserved occupation in steel rolling mill in digbeth. He was in the home guard but i cannot find any information on him or which unit he was attached to. Is there a central registry anywhere. Thanks colin
  4. C

DONATIONS

done
  5. C

Stechford Area

Just browsing this thread a bit late i know but i remember going to the co op club. Mary reagen was in my class at our lady's and i recall francis. Also there was a lot of little puddles when the priest came in on a monday morning. I remember michael collins in my class along with chris...
  6. C

Stechford Area

a bit late on a reply but i went to our ladys from 1960 to 1966 colin
  7. C

Bridge Street/holliday Street Old House

There is a boarded up house/building at the junction of bridge street and Holliday st Birmingham Would anyone know what it was. thanks col
  8. C

Coventry Street Digbeth

My grandfather lived at 24 Oxford st and grandmother 4ct 9 Oxford st prior to there marriage in 1898
  9. C

Coventry Street Digbeth

Hi Phil Thanks for the photos. The one with the pub is great. I need to check with my elder brother but I think it's shows there house. Apologies for not replying sooner. Regards col
  10. C

Coventry Street Digbeth

Would anyone have old photos of coventry st digbeth just up from pub on corner of oxford st. My grandparents lived there thanks col
  11. C

Summer Lane

Hi lyn dont think I have any photos. The pub I think had gone when I got there but the bus garage was there but demolished a little while later. I remember being overrun with mice when they did it. col
  12. C

Summer Lane

Hi lyn thats the one. I sold it to a guy named Clive who owned it until it was demolished. i did live above the place for a few years. Very interesting building there was a cellar full of old chemist bottles and assorted stuff. A lady who lived in henrietta street told me it used to be an...
  13. C

Summer Lane

I think so. I took over the place in 1973 and was there till 1982. there was a cafe next door and then a bakers. In between was a Woodyard owned by 2 brothers named Jones as I recall. There yard must of been one of the old back to back yards. Col
  14. C

Summer Lane

Hope you do not mind me butting in but I used to own the newsagent shop opposite the sale factory in the 70s. David sale was one of the directors and frank ( can t remember surname )run the place. frank then opened a medal shop in constitution hill. many happy years there
Back