• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by claire-brum71

1. claire-brum71

Robert Cairns/Millar?

Hi Lyn, sorry forgot to add the PM thing, brain dead today haha sorry not been around for a while me and mom have been seriously ill x
  2. claire-brum71

Robert Cairns/Millar?

I am trying to help a friend, after a family fall out she lost contact with her Uncle Robert, and would love to get back in touch, the very little info we have is his mother was Elizabeth Cairns nee Gordon and father Robert Millar, he was born roughly 1960 in Birmingham, he had two brothers...
  3. claire-brum71

Gothic electrical Constitution hill

Hi JohnC, sorry i have only just seen this, i think i have managed to work out that we may never have owned it, but it does appear that a lot of family worked and held various positions there at some point, i was trying to find out if anyone remembered the Barnes who would have been there so i...
  4. claire-brum71

The StoneHouse Pub

no probs, contact details can be found on their website, im sure they meet every month it was £2 to attend or £5 for yearly sub, butbthst could have changed now
  5. claire-brum71

The StoneHouse Pub

the original was indeed demolished, not much online but you could try bartlet green history group, someone there may have more info on it
  6. claire-brum71

Christmas 2012 at the Jewellers Arms

Another great day! was so good to see everyone again and meet some new faces, a great turn out, i think we took over the place lol thanks so much everyone and especially postie, thanks for the drink from The real Claire!!! and family lol lol
  7. claire-brum71

Bhf christmas meet 2012

I'm back up and running, glad it's all still a-ok and can't wait to see everyone :)
  8. claire-brum71

Bhf christmas meet 2012

Don't think £100 would be enough for you anyway Froth lol
  9. claire-brum71

Bhf christmas meet 2012

Wow Postie that's really generous and so kind of you :) Oh Lyn the stuff he used to get up to as a lad haha he used to knock about with Ozzy Osborne and sneek my mom into music gigs lol should be good fun haha
  10. claire-brum71

Bhf christmas meet 2012

My mom would love to look threw them, as would i! she always talks about times when she was little, and the farm street kids running down the road banging bin lids with the playful rivalry between them and the summer road i think it was kids, it'll really bring back some memories for her, soon...
  11. claire-brum71

Bhf christmas meet 2012

Just thought i'd let you know me, mom and dad are a deffo Lyn, hoping to bring my Uncle Ron too if he can make it :)
  12. claire-brum71

Bhf christmas meet 2012

Yeah i am hoping she can too Lyn, she really enjoyed the last one at key Hill she came to, she was a little nervous but said after she'd never felt so welcome and how friendly everyone was, she'll love meeting you :)
  13. claire-brum71

Bhf christmas meet 2012

Hopefully i'll be there Lyn, if Dads off maybe him and Mom too as Mom loves the food there haha
  14. claire-brum71

Sargant Isaac 1911 census -

Thanks Linda i had that one Mary Seaby is his Mother remarried 1923, although i can't find a death for Isaac Sr in the death registers, but that one Lindyloo could be him, Gt Grandad changed his surname spelling to Sargent in his army records during WW1, didn't notice the William Edward RAF...
  15. claire-brum71

Sargant Isaac 1911 census -

Yes Lady linda that's the sons, Isaac G my G Grandfather, thanks for that find, i had thought maybe he was in a workhouse and did try searching 1911 under just I. S. and he was a woodturner as was his dad... just need to work out if he stayed there till his death in 1920, i know his wife...
Back