• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by chris harrison

1. C

Boxing Gym Old Stables Perry Barr

Has anyone got any information or memories of the above gym.All I know is its location was Birchfield Road Perry Barr,and in the 1920s the great Aston boxer Jack Hood was training for fights there,and one of his trainers was called A.Ford.
  2. C

White Hart

Thank you Phil the photos are great
  3. C

White Hart

I am looking for any information on The White Hart which was in Cromwell Street Aston Thanks
  4. C

BartonsArms Ghost

Jane was murdered in Tower Road Nick. Wendy Jane had 3 children of her own plus 2 from her husbands previous wife who died of illness.Janes 3 were Edwin my grandad killed WW1 Greece, Arthur a policeman in South Africa,and John who we carnt trace. Laura would of seen my great grandad at Hatton as...
  5. C

BartonsArms Ghost

He went to Hatton 1901 Jane was murdered 1906. I have records from Hatton too and he was also down as epeleptic he died in Hatton 1914, you are right the records do make very sad reading.
  6. C

BartonsArms Ghost

Thanks Roger. I dont know wether you believe in ghosts but the information you have given is quite spooky.My family ran the old Barton Arms but unfortunely they hit trouble mainly due to my great grandfather drinking the stock he ended up in Hatton lunatic asylum his wife Jane struggled to bring...
  7. C

BartonsArms Ghost

Hi All A mate of mine who works in the pub trade says the Barton Arms is supposed to be haunted.Can anyone confirm this and do they know what the story is?:skull:
  8. C

Witton Cemetery

Thanks Moma P & Alf Website for cemetry is excellent
  9. C

Witton Cemetery

Hi Anybody know name and location of nearest church and/or grave yard to Tower Road Aston c 1900 and is it still there?
  10. C

Verritys

Any info on Verritys (spelling might be wrong) I think they were something to do with electrics Aston area. Thanks
  11. C

Upper Thomas Street School Aston

Has anybody got anything on upper thomas street school 1920/1930 Also been told they had a "Naughty Book" listing crimes & punishments of pupils did any of your parents or grand parents ever mention being included.
  12. C

jack hood aston boxer

Anybody got any information on Jack Hoods management or support team a relative of mine Arthur Ford trained him and was sparring partner.Also any info on the old stables gym which is where he trained which was located top of Birchfield Road 1920/30
Back