• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by castalla

1. castalla

Yardley Wood

My Grandparents lived at 18 Pendeen rd
  2. castalla

DISGUSTING FOOD

Morturn Is that Belly draft with your Liver ¿ looks like it to me
  3. castalla

74 and 75 bus routes

I was a Driver on the 70 Oxhill road The Leverretts to City Centre in the 80´s
  4. castalla

Advice please regarding who lived in a house.

Janice could you tell me where i look up Rates Book records
  5. castalla

DOCTORS

They had there Surgery in a house on the Coleshill Road then moved to present premises over the road from clock garage where the 3 generation grandson is a Doctor, and if i am correct they have a another surgery in Hazelhurst Road off the chester road, As you used Chitnis did you live close by...
  6. castalla

Where to find out how a street got its name?

Anybody know where Millington Road Hodge hill came from next to Oakdale Road Erminghton Creesent Chipperfield Road ¿
  7. castalla

Farrs Butcher Shop

Thanks Gerry, to tell you the truth its been nearly 50 years ago as a young 14 year old when i worked there and even with names i cant remember faces yes names let me down
  8. castalla

St Wilfreds R C School

I remember Mt Donkesley big tall man, also remember Mass in School Hall, before church was built, was a Altar Boy myself when Fr Whelan was the priest. There was a assistance lady called Mrs Taylor i think small lady lived by the New Shops
  9. castalla

W Poulton Pianos and Organs Store

Think this pic was off flight deck of Ark Royal R09 in 1978, on her last deployment
  10. castalla

Youngsters today and history

So true of all above, but frustrating for those of us trying to trace our relatives now on web sites as we do not or know things from our relatives and as the years pass there is nobody to ask
  11. castalla

St Wilfreds R C School

I know i have posted this before but a year ago and with new members thought i would re post in case anybody out there or who knows some of these lads and lasses
  12. castalla

Online Electoral Rolls

Sorry to everyone where i got the name Pidgeon from in Selby road i don´t know must of come from somewhere
  13. castalla

A BRUMMIE'S BIRTHDAY

Wish i had some of my family from way back, nearest i have is a old faded copy of my parents wedding 1940.s and a photo of my dad about 1944
  14. castalla

Online Electoral Rolls

Thanks for your information, jwp in the 1947 Electrol Roll John & Ada are down as living in 49 Selby Grove when you lived next door to them in Beauchamp road in this year ¿
  15. castalla

Online Electoral Rolls

Thank you for that, as i said the Pidgeon family were not related to my Dad he was all most certainly a Lodger there when he came to live in Birmingham and met my Mom. Thank you LLoyd for that i knew of the 3 addresses but not the exact years, they were there apart from Ashbrook road where i...