• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Bob

1. B

57th Field Ambulance RAMC

HI There Sorry for the delay in replying. My Father-in-law, from Stirchley had a Harry Shaw, also from Stirchley, as his Captain in the Royal Artillery during the Second World war,after the War, Harry was Best Man at his wedding.Ring any bells?. Best Wishes Bob
  2. B

Thanks for the reply,I haven't seen this before. By the way who is the Shaw you are researching Thanks again Bob
  3. B

Hi fellow history buffs I'm hoping that someone can help me with a problem that I've come up against. My Uncle served with the 57th Field Ambulance R.A.M.C during the Great War. Could anyone tell me where the Head Quarters of this unit was,bearing in mind he was born in Sparkhill. Cheers Bob
  4. B

World War 1 Records

Hi Chris Thanks for the information,you would think that our friends at Ancestry would get it right as they charge enough for their membership. Cheers Bob
  5. B

James Scott POW

Hi There My Uncle was taken P.O.W at Messines RidgeI spent ages trying to trace his where abouts during his time"behind the wire",till I found out about the Red Cross I contacted them through their web site ICRC,it took about two month before I recieved a reply,but it was worth the wait. Good...
  6. B

World War 1 Records

Re: WW1 Records Hi Sparkhill Lad Thanks for your reply,which is quite plausable,unfortunatley in my Uncles case he was taken a Prisoner of War and died,and was buried at a P.O.W camp at Charville,which I believe is on the French,Belgian boarder. Thanks again for your message,if you have any...
  7. B

World War 1 Records

Re: WW1 Records Thanks Barrie. I've checked my Uncles medal card, he entered France 15/7/1915,I'm wondering though ,when checking the Soldiers Died in WW1,on the Ancestry web site why it states Theatre of war Aldershot. Thanks again for taking the time to reply to my queary,if you have any...
  8. B

World War 1 Records

Hi There fellow History Buffs. I have been on the Ancesty site checking WW1 Soldiers who Died in the First World War,my Uncle was in the R.A.M.C,and was taken prisoner of war at Messines Ridge,and died in a P.O.W camp at Charville,which I believe to be on the French-Belgian boarder.On the...
  9. B

Perrygrove in Bromsgrove?

Hi Badger Perryfields is an area on the edge of the town,as far as I'm aware there is no connection between Perryfields and Perrygrove. Bob
  10. B

Perrygrove in Bromsgrove?

Hi Mad Rev Hope I'm not too late with this reply,but I've not long joined up. I was born and bred in Finstall a village just outside of Bromsgrove,I remember a family called Perrygrove who lived in the village,Mr Perrygrove ran a local coach company balled Brown and Perrygrove till he retired...
  11. B

Bsa Factory In Blitz

Hi Shelagh. Reading your message reminded me,my family and I visited the National Trust Back to Backs,this time last year.and we sat in on the "story time ghost tale",it was about the B.S.A after it was hit by a German bomb,the story went on saying that the bomb crater was cemented over after...
Back