• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Perrygrove in Bromsgrove?

T

The Mad Rev

Hello! I have traced a number of relatives called Perrygrove who were nailers in Bromsgrove. I know there are Perrygroves in Bromsgrove now. Anyone have any connections or any details? My gt gt grandfather, John Cooper, a pearl button maker, married Mary Ann Perrygrove on 20 May 1867 at St Saviour's Church, Saltley. I have other details but some of the connections are difficult to make. Would love to hear from anyone who knows any more or who might help. Many thanks. Oh yes, nearly forgot, 'up the Villa!' :)

I live in Bromsgrove and have done for a number of years,i dont think that i have ever heard of the name perrygrove round here. Bromsgrove is a fairly small place and it is deffinatly one of those towns where everyone knows everyone or someone who knows them. Try going to www.parishmouse.com and searching the records for bromsgrove there i found it quite useful when i searched for NOKES. if i ever hear of the name and any useful information i will let you know. good luck:smile2:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Mad Rev
Hope I'm not too late with this reply,but I've not long joined up.
I was born and bred in Finstall a village just outside of Bromsgrove,I remember a family called Perrygrove who lived in the village,Mr Perrygrove
ran a local coach company balled Brown and Perrygrove till he retired
Best wishes Bob

There is also an area in or near bromsgrove called Perryfields as I recall!!
Any connection?

Hi Badger
Perryfields is an area on the edge of the town,as far as I'm aware there is no connection between Perryfields and Perrygrove.
Bob

I am researching John Cooper as he is also my gt gt grandfather. Any details would be gratefully received.

Hello Mad Ref,

I know of one Perrygrove in Bromsgrove he used to work with my husband at Garringtons drop forge factory now sadly another houseing estate and we bump into him every now and then he lives with is mother in Charford, Bromsgrove.
I worked with a lady June White nee Perrygrove but sadly June as passed on at the Button/Badge factory in Willow Road Sidemore Bromsgrove. Did yoy find out anything about The Perrygroves?

Hope this helps.........yes U.T.V

Back