• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

OLD AND NEW PHOTOGRAPHS

this is why the photos taken by my brothers friend are so important to see steve...his photos probably date from the 70s onwards and if you had not taken up the task of taking them off the negatives would most likely have ended up in the skip

lyn
It is also down to you talking about them and trusting we with the negatives - even though I took a while to get started thanks Lyn

Finally, this, I assume is part of the ICC / Arena redevelopment - but what and where are we looking? As with all I have posted tonight they are on a negative sheet which the information sheet says 1-4, city views, well we have had more than that and no other information is provided. Over to you - and a plan?

View attachment 178802
Yes, I would guess that would be in the Cumberland Street area where Barbarellas club used to be, that was in an old commercial building.
The flats to the right would probably be in Summer Hill?

This is the Moseley Arms on Moseley Road corner of Revenhurst Street ( should that be Ravenhurst Street). Obviously the day the pies were delivered to the cafe next door judging by the van with Meat Pies on the side - anyone recognise the company name, picture taken 2nd May 1959.

20230108093623_01.jpg

Last edited:
This is the Crown Stores Monument Road and Ledsham Street, with fine cobbled street and a nice van on the left.
As with all these titles I am at the mercy of a typewritten sheet - if something is wrong do shout and I will amend it - I may even credit you, or change it and have people later on wondering what you are on about !!

20230108093623_08.jpg

Quick update - I have tweaked a couple of sheets of negatives now, No.20 and 52, 20 had the city tour and pubs and 52 is predominantly pubs , so that the thread does not become a "pub" thread I will post the rest of sheet 52 then search out a more diverse sheet to straighten , and post. I will return to pubs inbetween but with 140+ sheets there are plenty to look for. To give an idea of what I start with here is a photo of a postcard on a large sheet of paper with the title cropped!
Thanks
20230107191748_05.jpg

Back