• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

can you place any forum issues in here after the rebuild

Just did it again. I read Bob Davies last couple of posts. Went to return to "new posts" page. . Got error message. Hit refresh and all was fine.

Just got a 520 error message but after a couple of tries it worked. An hour ago same error message and was locked out.
Hope that helps, not trying to add to your load

I've moved the database to another server, just to see how it handles it. Im trying to narrow down what is causing the issues.. the forum was down for a couple of hours earlier while i moved the database.

If you Google "cloudflare error 520" there are lots of references to the error, the cause and the fix. A bit technical for me.

The error page appears sometimes but disappears to BHF the page within 5 seconds without my assistance.
One thing I noticed, with Brave Browser, it gave an option to install an app - detailed in the address bar. I downloaded it and then removed it. I have not seen it since. The install option does not show up when using Vivaldi. This is with Linux Mint Cinnamon o/s,21.3.
I haven't checked it with my W10 pc.

I have previously had the sam eoption sometimes on my android, using chrome a while ago. this was while there were previous troubles. It did not seem to help, so I also uninstalled it. Have not seen suggestion recently

Very fast atm.

Not that I'm complaining but there are no adverts, in the banner or at the bottom of the screen

Back