• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Sherborne Road Dudley Park Road

BrumBum

master brummie
I've been really impressed by members' ability to identify places from very little information and/or very poor photos. Here is quite a good photo. Can anyone say where it was taken?

001.jpg

no idea but will take a guess at over yardley or nechells way?...she says hopefully

lyn

Last edited:
No idea either where it is. But it's a key junction where 4 or maybe 5 roads meet. Church to the left and the lampost in the centre of the road suggests to me a bus terminus perhaps. Houses suggest a fairly well- to-do area.

I'm guessing Handsworth or Edgbaston.

Thanks for posting Brum. We all love a puzzle! Viv.

The white house made me think immediately of the junction of Handsworth Wood Road and Wellington Road but I see that the shape of the house does not fit.

well i am pretty sure i have got that book some where as i do seem to recall it seeing but
i am desperatly searching out my cubard before some one come up with the answer Astonian,,,

Came to the party too late! I lived some 200 yards from there for a while in 1960's so recognised the location. I just tried to look up on GoogleMap and it has so changed. Can you confirm that it is the junction of Sherbourne Rd/Dudley Park Rd/Oxford Rd/Station Rd.

Back