• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Searching for my Uncle's grave.

So the will was probably made after John died. From that long ago it could be that Mary has married since then so doesn't really help.
It can help though, we always assumed that she went by the name of Maureen, now we have her official name to search with results should be better! And I have you to thank for that, also, with Catherine's last address we may be able to find out if she owned it and if and when it was sold znd who by. Mary is most likely married, so that's snother angle we can use. So not bad information to start with, At keast I think?.

But Catherine's last address was at Flat 5 Barons Court, 998 Old Lane Solihull, B92 8LL, United Kingdom.
That dhould be Old Lode Lane! Sorry, am in contact with other family members st the same time, you cannot imagine the excitement at this information!

So no joy there then, but still have information to go on if Mary had died the she would have changed her will, so it fair to assume that she's around somewhere!
Unless Mary was involved in selling the house, I think it was mentioned at the time of John's death, that she was involved in property sales.

As the family seem to have a strong connection with the Church it may be worth contacting them to see if they have any contact details. https://www.stthomasmorercchurch.com/contact-us.html Due to Data Protection regulations they probably would not be able to give you direct information but you may be able to persuade them to pass on your details! Just a reminder - in order to prevent getting loads of spam don't post your contact details on this site.

Flat 5 Barons Court, 998 Old Lane Solihull, B92 8LL was last sold in 2016 although that probably isn't much help!

Flat 5, Barons Court, 998 Old Lode Lane, Solihull, B92 8LL​

• £105,000 Flat, Leasehold 01 February 2016
  • £90,000 Flat, Leasehold 28 March 2013
  • £59,000 Flat, Leasehold 28 May 1999
  • £57,450 Flat, Leasehold 30 August 1995

Flat 5 Barons Court, 998 Old Lane Solihull, B92 8LL was last sold in 2016 although that probably isn't much help!

Their house in Harvard Road sold in 2016 so that coincides with Catherine possibly buying the flat.

Thank you, she was 101 yesterday when she died, might have made some headlines but all information is welcome, thank you. I thought it was the house that was sold back then but that must have happened earlier.

Thank you, she was 101 yesterday when she died, might have made some headlines but all information is welcome, thank you. I thought it was the house that was sold back then but that must have happened earlier.
Don't know where yesterday came from, this phone has a tendency to preempt me and more often than not I don't notice till the damage is done!

Thank you everybody, I have located the grave for both John and Catherine Ready, at Robin Hill Cemetery, Lawn 4806. Thank you all again!
Correction Robin Hood Cemetery, don't know why I keep calling it Hill, anyway, it's Hood!

Brilliant news.
Did they give any indication where that plot might be located? The cemetery is large and the office is no longer open.

Brilliant news.
Did they give any indication where that plot might be located? The cemetery is large and the office is no longer open.
No, my impression was that that is the grave number and that Lawn is the location. I can call them back to try and get more precise information? I'm not sure what would be required so if you give me a list, then I can go by that, and thank you!

Most cemeteries I have searched provide a map with sections on showing the range of grave numbers in each section. As you see I now have one.
I won't be that way until Friday and do know that "lawn" area but it is quite large. Will do my best.
Thanks

Most cemeteries I have searched provide a map with sections on showing the range of grave numbers in each section. As you see I now have one.
I won't be that way until Friday and do know that "lawn" area but it is quite large. Will do my best.
Thanks
Thank you, O really don't want you to go out if your way, I've waited a long time trying to find this, some little time longer won't hurt!

Oh, that would be great! Thank you!
Thank you so much, that's amazing. It's taken me so long to find it that I can't believe I finally have. Couldn't have done it without everyone here, so thank you all again, and thank you for going out of your way.

I really, I'm really bad at this messaging thing, so sorry!
You can "edit" your own post to correct typos.
On a phone click on the three dots next to the word report and the word "edit" will appear.
o_O Being cheeky now - this site runs on donations or funds raised at meet ups (which we haven't had for a while because of the dreaded covid) so perhaps you might be prepared to make a small donation to help us keep going :) . Info on main forum page.
Hope you don't mind me putting that.

You can "edit" your own post to correct typos.
On a phone click on the three dots next to the word report and the word "edit" will appear.
o_O Being cheeky now - this site runs on donations or funds raised at meet ups (which we haven't had for a while because of the dreaded covid) so perhaps you might be prepared to make a small donation to help us keep going :) . Info on main forum page.
Hope you don't mind me putting that.
Not cheeky at all, and yes willingly will donate, thank you!

Not cheeky at all, and yes willingly will donate, thank you!
Could someone please help me her? I can only donate by credit card, is there a process I can follow to do that? If not, could someone suggest another method because I really want to make a donation but am in Ireland.

Could someone please help me her? I can only donate by credit card, is there a process I can follow to do that? If not, could someone suggest another method because I really want to make a donation but am in Ireland.
Yes. Just follow the links. I do my donations by credit card.
Yellow donate button

It says "donate to James Pritchard" - he owns and runs the site.
Enter an amount and click the credit card option.

Last edited:
Back