• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Searching for my Uncle's grave.

If you want your Uncle's death cert, best (cheapest!) is from the General Register Office https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/ £11 incl postage. You'll need to register and use the details (page, volume etc) I gave you in post #8
Thank you, that's very valuable information! I've gotten more from this Web site this morning than in years of searching the professional ancestry sites, thank you to everyone!

Thank you, that's very valuable information! I've gotten more from this Web site this morning than in years of searching the professional ancestry sites, thank you to everyone!
anner we are all only too happy to help many of us on here have had our own family mysteries and at the min i am still trying to unravel one of mine :rolleyes: will you please let us know how you get on

lyn

i can only find one death for a john ready b 1911 which is the one at sutton crem...do you have his death certificate..what makes you think he was definately buried and do you know when he came to birmingham sorry for all the questions but the more info you can give may help...also do you know his parents names

lyn

There is a death reg. for a John W Ready (b1906) Jun qtr 1983 Bham, which possibly corresponds to the crematorium record. Bham bereavement records don't seem to contain a middle name/initial on search results.

cheaper and quicker to have it pdf (£7) and you get it as an e file to download.
Yes, thank you, no matter how hard I try, I cannot replicate the information you were able to retrieve from the official records. This is probably why I have had such poor results. Even here in Ireland, when I was looking for his birth date, I had to change location to find him. The last census was for 1911 and he was the only family member not on it. He was born later that year, census after that either lost in fire or not available.

There is a death reg. for a John W Ready (b1906) Jun qtr 1983 Bham, which possibly corresponds to the crematorium record. Bham bereavement records don't seem to contain a middle name/initial on search results.
Yes ,I believe that is that individual, which makes me think that the might have been confused for each other which might translate into there being only one reference?

Is that in Birmingham or Solihull, my dad always said Solihull?
The area where it is is so close to Solihull it often gets referred to as Solihull.
Yes ,I believe that is that individual, which makes me think that the might have been confused for each other which might translate into there being only one reference?
If he died in Solihull hospital then his death would be registered in Solihull which is a separate area and does not come under Birmingham. If you searched for a death in Birmingham it would likely not show the Solihull one.

If his death was registered in Solihull that is most likely where he lived, not Yardley. However this is not an exact science! 3 Yew Tree Lane Solihull doesn't appear to exist as I think it disappeared when the bypass was built.

If his death was registered in Solihull that is most likely where he lived, not Yardley. However this is not an exact science! 3 Yew Tree Lane Solihull doesn't appear to exist as I think it disappeared when the bypass was built.
That's disappointing, would they have owned or rented do you think? I'm thinking of property records!

Solihull and Birmingham are two distict registration areas. The confusion is that there is a Yew Tree Lane in both. However, the one where they lived is defintitely the Yardley, Birmingham one NOT the Solihull one.
Deaths are registered where the person dies not where they lived. We do not, at the moment, know where he lived when he died not where he died.

There is a Church near by, St Michael's and All Angels?
Not Catholic.

Would the John Ready at you Yew Tree Lane possibly be the John Ready that married a Catherine Leech in 1952?

They must have just moved after this date.

If above is correct then Catherine may have been living at Harvard Road, Solihull from 2002. Possible death 2021.

Would the John Ready at you Yew Tree Lane possibly be the John Ready that married a Catherine Leech in 1952?

They must have just moved after this date.

If above is correct then Catherine may have been living at Harvard Road, Solihull from 2002. Possible death 2021.
Yes, that sounds right!

I can't check erolls after 1962 in BIrmingham as they are not online and no Solihull past erolls are online.

Yes, that sounds right!
But I would have thought she died dome years before this. I only have information from my Cousin, born in London but moved his family to Canada shortly after John's death, he has not had any contact with Maureen since either, so all recollections are vague to say the least. I would be very happy if this were she!

And sa
But I would have thought she died dome years before this. I only have information from my Cousin, born in London but moved his family to Canada shortly after John's death, he has not had any contact with Maureen since either, so all recollections are vague to say the least. I would be very happy if this were she!
D to think that we were searching so long and have missed her by so short a time.

Back