• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Nelson Statue 200th Anniversary

John

Can you tell me what tool/technique you used to do the tinting. I would like to get that effect on a photo of the war memorial in our local park.

Dave

Any idea where that house is?

Thanks both

T

Hello T
Depending on what software you have there's dfferent ways of going about it.
I have Photoshop, Coral Paintshop Pro, Serif Photoplus, and the one I did this in which is Microsoft Digital Image Suite.
I first de-saturated the photo, hence turning it black and white, then choosing a very small brush and picking a colour I just painted over the statue twice, second time to bring out the highlights.
Hope this helps, I would be only too glad to do it for you if you send me a copy of the pic and what you want doing, that's if it's not private of course.
Regards John.

John

Thanks very much for that.

I have Photoshop so I'll have a go myself. If I completely mess up I'll take you up on your kind offer.

Dave

According to Wikipedia some more of Ganges timbers used in constructing Burgh Island Hotel.

(Sorry can't make Link work - but just search on HMS Ganges in Wikipedia.)

T

Back