• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

My Brum Names

B

bestcover

Here they are:
KNIGHT PARKES ILES NEVILL BALDWYN BULLOCK BALL, GAZEY - ALL ASTON, BORDESLEY, SMALL HEATH

:angel: 'Besty' I have these people in my tree...

BENJAMIN SPITTLE.‚.. .‚.. .‚.. Spouse: SARAH BULLOCK

Marriage: 29 AUG 1820.‚.. Saint Martin, Birmingham, Warwick, England

Daughter: MARIA SPITTLE.‚.. .‚.. Spouse:.‚.. WILLIAM HAMPTON

Marriage:.‚.. 12 JUN 1843.‚.. Saint Phillips, Birmingham, Warwick, England

Daughter:.‚.. MARTHA HAMPTON.‚.. .‚.. Spouse:.‚.. JAMES DEAKIN

Marriage:.‚.. 19 AUGUST 1872.‚.. .‚..Parish Church.‚.. ? (they were living in Edgbaston)

Daughter CLARA MARIA DEAKIN.‚.. .‚.. Spouse:.‚.. (1) ARTHER WOOD,

Do we have a connection here ?

I have gazey in my family tree circa1849 - 1870 William married my great aunt Elizabeth Houghton she died 1870 and William married Rosetta Dunbar I have a few Gazey's from this marriage the first one being John Gazey born 1849
contact me if you have a connection or just a swop of interest

Besty, I had a look at your website and see on the Ball side there was a link with Foleshill. My g.g. grandmother Was Elizabeth Ball born c.1830 married Richard Birch, 3rd June 1850 St.Lawrence, Foleshill (i have copy of marriage cert.)
Her father was David Ball a boatman, thought that might be of interest as your family have canal connections.

Hi Pom - can't make a BULLOCK connection with Sarah yet - our earliest was Charles Bullock born appx 1826 who married an Elizabeth - lived in Branston St & then Bartholomew St

Pomgolian said:
:angel: 'Besty' I have these people in my tree...

BENJAMIN SPITTLE Spouse: SARAH BULLOCK

Marriage: 29 AUG 1820 Saint Martin, Birmingham, Warwick, England

Daughter: MARIA SPITTLE Spouse: WILLIAM HAMPTON

Marriage: 12 JUN 1843 Saint Phillips, Birmingham, Warwick, England

Daughter: MARTHA HAMPTON Spouse: JAMES DEAKIN

Marriage: 19 AUGUST 1872 Parish Church ? (they were living in Edgbaston)

Daughter CLARA MARIA DEAKIN

Do we have a connection here ?

Chris :angel:

Still working on the BALL rellies - but William seems to be Brum circa 1830;s

sylviasayers said:
Besty, I had a look at your website and see on the Ball side there was a link with Foleshill. My g.g. grandmother Was Elizabeth Ball born c.1830 married Richard Birch, 3rd June 1850 St.Lawrence, Foleshill (i have copy of marriage cert.)
Her father was David Ball a boatman, thought that might be of interest as your family have canal connections.

My Gazeys came from Ipsley (Ibsley?) Worcs - Frederick bn 1829 became a marine and was posted to Gosport before returning and dying in Aston.

John Houghton said:
I have gazey in my family tree circa1849 - 1870 William married my great aunt Elizabeth Houghton she died 1870 and William married Rosetta Dunbar I have a few Gazey's from this marriage the first one being John Gazey born 1849
contact me if you have a connection or just a swop of interest

Bestcover.....  We have some 1851 census material for Worcs if you need a look up at all. You'll possibly have all that gear already but I thought it worth a mention.

Thanks Rod - by '51, they were in Gosport and we have the details - but thanks
Tony

l have the PARKES line in my tree, but there had also been KNIGHT mentioned, l would be pleased of any help with this if possible.  The Parkes line is Joseph,  Father John.  If it sounds interesting let me know.

I have Harriet Selina Knight in my tree. I believe she married a man named Clarke, and later went to live with a man named Wells, she had a daughter by this man. The daughters name was Gladys, she married Thomas Darby.

Back