• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

JFK Kennedy Memorial Mosaic

I was 16 and just got in from work when it came on the telly. If I remember right, was'nt there someone playing piano the rest of the night on the telly? I'm not to sure about that.

Terry

I was 14, can't remember what I was doing at the time, but I remember what a great president he was and how he dealt with the Cuban missile crisis. RIP

Seeing as how his head "explodes" when the bullet hits him I would have though he would have died instantly, and certainly by the time he got to hospital.

My guess the delay in announcing his death was so the Americans could make sure all the "behind the scenes" thing were sorted out, such as getting Johnson quickly sworn in as president, and to check that this was not the prelude to some sort of uprising or Russian invasion.
I was quoting the article "Neurosurgeon that tried to save him"...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-25052558

I was just in my second year at senior school but I don't have much recollection of the event.

I do however remember very well when Bobby Kennedy was shot as we were on holiday in Cornwall and an elderly gentleman came out of his cottage and told us.

I went to sit by Mom as I was frightened. I asked her if it meant there would be a war, and she said it might.

I had just turned eleven when it happened and ignorant of global-time-zones: I was more concerned and annoyed that 'Children's Hour' was not broadcast for the full hour - I never did get a reply to my letter of complaint from 'Auntie Jean'...

What I could not comprehend at that particular time (Friday evening) was the fact my Catholic mother was crying over someone we did not know - while I tried to get my head around Kennedy being shot in the morning whilst I was having my tea?

The best scenario thus far from the myriad of conspiracy theories is that Oswald shot Kennedy twice and George Hickey (a Secret Service Agent) accidently fired the third and fatal shot when he grabbed the 'ready-to-go' rifle from the floor of the President's follow-car in response to the first shot. As he grabbed the rifle, the President's car and the follow-car lunged forward to accelerate away from the scene and in doing so the 'ready-to-go' rifle was accidently discharged. Hence, the cultivation of the murky waters. Hickey died in about 2006 so perhaps the Secret Service may release their internal dossier quite soon.

I had just turned eleven when it happened and ignorant of global-time-zones: I was more concerned and annoyed that 'Children's Hour' was not broadcast for the full hour - I never did get a reply to my letter of complaint from 'Auntie Jean'...

What I could not comprehend at that particular time (Friday evening) was the fact my Catholic mother was crying over someone we did not know - while I tried to get my head around Kennedy being shot in the morning whilst I was having my tea?

The best scenario thus far from the myriad of conspiracy theories is that Oswald shot Kennedy twice and George Hickey (a Secret Service Agent) accidently fired the third and fatal shot when he grabbed the 'ready-to-go' rifle from the floor of the President's follow-car in response to the first shot. As he grabbed the rifle, the President's car and the follow-car lunged forward to accelerate away from the scene and in doing so the 'ready-to-go' rifle was accidently discharged. Hence, the cultivation of the murky waters. Hickey died in about 2006 so perhaps the Secret Service may release their internal dossier quite soon.

DPL I saw that on the TV as well showing Hickey was responsible and it certainly looked feasible, but with any story that comes out within reason anything looks possible. Will we ever know?

My Dad was shaving and I was 6.

Lots of consiracy theories abound.
Seems very likely there was more than one gunman and at least one on the knoll.
Either way a terrible situation which many remember.

We were in the cinama at Stratford on Avon when we heard. The film was halted & a slide with the details scratched on it was projected. I think we continued to watch the rest of the programme afterwards

I was just turned 5 and dad was really shocked, mum was in the kitchen and I came in to the front room where he heard it on TV. He said a very good man had just been killed who stood up for ordinary people and peace. He said similar when Martin Luther King got shot. I listened to Marvyn Gaye's poignant Abraham Martin and John on Radio 2 today. I also remember Anne Hayden winning Wimbledon - It is stored in the same period of my early memories.

When the Memorial was at the bottom of Snow Hill. I bet many may have done the same, but when they were much older and on a very cold New Year’s Eve. Viv.

219E4C14-3AD0-45C4-8961-3A72475AB0CD.jpeg

Just finished watching the latest JFK documentary...The more you watch, the more you learn. Oliver Stone states that it is no longer a conspiracy theory, but a conspiracy fact. I quite agree...it looks more and more like the CIA was the culprit.
Dave A

Interesting, a very strange affair to which the complete truth is unlikely to be known.
And the fact that the JFK assassination secret document files are still not being released, when they have been legally required to do so, citing security issues, speaks for itself.
Dave A

Folks, this is not a platform for discussing conspiracy theories so can we get back to the JFK Kennedy Memorial Mosaic, thanks.

The system is designed to detect faces in the street view images and blur them out,
Due to the vast amount of data involved here, the system is fully automatic – which fortunately for us, appears to be prone to making mistakes! For example, it’s not just real faces that get blurred – roadside adverts of faces also are obscured to protect privacy rights.so they dont get sued for privacy violation

Back