• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

It's Lyn's (Astoness) birthday

Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you everyone for your lovely birthday messages...i really appreciate them..had a lovely day yesterday with a few visitors popping in...had some lovely cards and presents which little evie and james helped me open on the morning :D to round it off i am being taken for afternoon tea on sunday with kim..james and grandchildren james and evie...the tea shop is decked out in 1940s style and as its remembrance day they are putting on a group that will sing the 40s songs so this is right up my street...

here is my lovely cake..the lit candles slighty alter the colour of the cake but you have the idea...thanks again folks

lyn x

cake.jpg

thank you everyone for your lovely birthday messages...i really appreciate them..had a lovely day yesterday with a few visitors popping in...had some lovely cards and presents which little evie and james helped me open on the morning :D to round it off i am being taken for afternoon tea on sunday with kim..james and grandchildren james and evie...the tea shop is decked out in 1940s style and as its remembrance day they are putting on a group that will sing the 40s songs so this is right up my street...

here is my lovely cake..the lit candles slighty alter the colour of the cake but you have the idea...thanks again folks

lyn x

View attachment 185891
Well done Lyn! I am glad to see you are staying up late on your special day!

thanks again everyone i am overwhelmed by your lovely messages...

pen i am looking forward to tomorrows afternoon tea because the pigeon parlour is themed for the 1940s with many old original items donated and they will be observing remembrance sunday...i am going to donate a 1938 original copy of the daily express dated sept 30th 1938... as we would expect the front and back pages talk about the upcoming war and evacuation of people etc..no doubt my daughter will take a few photos so i hope to post a couple of them on here...

lyn x

Last edited:
thank you froth..oldbrit and anthea...it was on the 9th and i had a lovely day :) ...thanks again

lyn x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back