• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Great Barr Cottage

I just came across another photo you might be interested in,the description is Birmingham Rd looking south from Sundial Lane ,i think we have another case of foreshortening here,
It certainly is the same cottage and a south view looks towards the Scott Arms junction. I have edited the light levels in the pic to brighten the view of that quite large building on the right. It must be on the Newton Rd corner and shows on maps marked with 'P'.
ZP1010480.JPG

The original pic linked from post#239
index.php

this linked image only visible if logged in.

It certainly is the same cottage and a south view looks towards the Scott Arms junction. I have edited the light levels in the pic to brighten the view of that quite large building on the right. It must be on the Newton Rd corner and shows on maps marked with 'P'.
View attachment 137879

The original pic linked from post#239
index.php

this linked image only visible if logged in.
Another nice photo of Birmingham Rd & Sundial Lane and the end of the road is the same as the original cottage photo.

Attachments

• P1010510.JPG
    P1010510.JPG
    222.3 KB · Views: 25
Another nice photo of Birmingham Rd & Sundial Lane and the end of the road is the same as the original cottage photo.
Nice view of the Wesleyan Church with it's striped tiled roof which can be seen close-up in the Group Photo's thread complete with tree ...
Probably three groups in this pic carefully posed and one girl on her own . It is the Unity or Wesleyan Church on the corner of Birmingham Road and Sundial Lane Great Barr, but unfortunately no date.
index.php

Nice to see that the old tree near the Chapel has survived. But if you look at the group picture outside the chapel, is there a phantom spire on the middle right?

You never know, one day someone may come up with a picture of the Wycliffe Sunday schools.

Back