• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Aston's Art

The Baron

master brummie
JUST two of mine,this could be the start of a great topic. O0
REGARDS ASTON

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 19
THANKS RAYD, I DO HAVE PROBLEMS WITH MY SOFTWEAR ON RESIZE OF PHOTO
YOUR HELP MOST APPRECIATED O0
ASTON

Nice Paintings aston what materials did you use, paints, type of paper etc. O0

Lovley painings aston. The second in the style of Constable.

Di, I didn't know PC 49 was an artist.

Hi FORESTVILLE thanks. ::)The materials used oils on canvas and domestic brushes.in the style of BOB ROSS.
I attache two more one a pencil drawing of my sons cat, the other my other sons dog in oils on fiber board primed with  white emulsion.
HOPE YOU LIKE
ASTON

You are all so kind, I thank all so very much for your comments. :smitten: Here is my first ever oil painting,done in the late 80s.
Hope you like this one as well. O0

Attachments

• 3 (2).jpg
    3 (2).jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 7
:angel: Well at the moment I can't see or download your latest offerings :(, but I'm sure if the first ones are anything to go by they will be well worth waiting for :smitten:.

By the way I'm not complaining, I know the hitch is due to the change over of servers. O0

Chris :aqngel:

This one is my Cornish Sunset, :coolsmiley: and is the second of my trys at oils on fiber board,using domestic brushes.
I will try to find some of my watercolours, but I think that my be a trip in to the loft LOL. ;D

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 2
Your Cornish sunset is lovely Aston.

It is good to look back at first attempts, the more you draw and paint the more confindence you get, don't you agree. I have all of my sketch books, but I chucked my early watercolours.

Hello Forum,

I am always amazed at the "TALENT" on this Forum with the letters and now I have found the 'ART GALLERY" --WELL--you are a very clever lot--all the paintings are beautifull. I do love owls, so the pencil drawing I find really lovely.

The "chit chat between you all is always so funny, I sit here having a good old chuckle --wishing I could put --pen to papper--and be so witty--well I'll just sit back and think of England--so the saying goes.

Thank you all ,
Cheers,

Ann Marie

:) :)

Aston. Very nice , better than my attempts. l used to like watching BOB ROSS painting.
Was he on Astra 1 and wondered if he is still there?

:angel: Ann Marie you are more than welcome, we all have something to give and you have just given so much pleasure to a number of people with those words of praise you have just posted.
Yours, mine and the appreciation shown to our talented members, I'm sure means so much to each and everyone of them and is well deserved by them all.

Chris :angel:

Hi,GER22VAN.Bob Ross's JOY OF PAINTING is still on in the UK, at SKY DISCOVERY REAL TIME 9.30am CHANEL 250. I hope you are able to tune in to this one. He gave me lots of inspiration re the use of large brushes,(I USE DOMESTIC PAINT BRUSHES AS THESE ARE CHEAPER TO BUY).
Thanks your kind remarks.
ASTON

Water colours definitely do suit you Aston - I particularly like the coastal one - anymore?

Aston considering you say the sea painting was your first go at oils its a very nice painting and you seem to have mastered it very well.
By the way Bob Ross died last year at a very young age he will be sadly missed by the art world

Thanks Cromwell, this is one I did when I was feeling BLUE. :'( Painted on paper so a little crinckled.LOL :idiot2:
Yes I new about Bob. Thanks again.
ASTON

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 2
They are lovely I just don't know how you find time to do it. Where abouts in Cornwall is it?

Hi firgie,Treen in between Lamorna Cove & Porthcurno,on the Penzance side of Mounts Bay,If you have not paid a visit to this part of the County then you have missed some of the most spectacular sights. O0
this area is my second love after North Devon (Woolacombe) :smitten:
It is funny but I do not have a lot of my art painted in Devon, may be its that I am to full of SURFING & SUNNING MY SELF to do a lot else.
Happy Days. :coolsmiley: ASTON

Back