• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. P

Picture Restoration

Hi, I've been handed 4 pictures by a friend, some are in a bad way. I was asked if I could do anything with them. I only have 'PhotoFiltre' and well, that is almost useless. Yesterday my father was taken into hospital with a suspected stroke, I really don't have the time now to try and do...
  2. P

Can someone do something with this please?

I received this last night, it's of my grt grandfather, John Humphries b.1865 Chaple Hill, Brierley Hill, Kingswinford, d.1922 his wife out-lived him by 51 years, dying in 1973 aged 102 yrs and 7 days
  3. P

Help with fooling my printer

Years ago I used to have an OKI dot matrix printer that I used to use to print out my family tree from Family Tree Maker but it was only in black & white.:036: I now have a Dell 725 inkjet printer. Does anyone know how I can fool the printer into using fanfold continuous paper so that I can...
  4. P

Help Please

Can anyone make this poor chap a little more legible, don’t think there’s much can be done with the missing part. It’s a photo of my Maternal Grt grandfather from the 1920’s just been passed to me from one of my aunty’s.
  5. P

Drayton Cecil

Trying to find information on my grt uncle, Cesil Drayton. I have very little to go on which will make this almost impossible but here goes. Cecil Drayton b. 1896 High Street, Halesowen, Worcestershire. Father Campbell S Drayton Cesil moved to Birmingham (where?) Worked at the Longbridge...
  6. P

is this to far gone to clean up

I have the only serviving photo of my grandfather, it was taken when he was in the K.S.L.I. 1918. it is in a very sorry state.
  7. P

Messrs, Mason’s shop, Oldbury

Hi I'm a Newbie to this site. Could someone help? My Grandfathers brother, Ernest Drayton, was killed in a road accident in Oldbury in 1915. It says the deceased had been employed as a grocers assistant for sometime at Messrs, Mason’s shop, Oldbury I have seen a picture on here of a shop...
Back