• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. hanna

the vine inn villa st hockley

just a quickie...olive moorhouse says she didn't work at the VINE!!!:(..says her mother before her did but i think, that must have been 1940 or before cos Oloive is now 84!!!...she remembers a lot of family names around that time...but I've forgotten them!!:rolleyes:... I'll write them down and...
  2. hanna

Chance Brothers: were you there? Can you help with a new book?

this is really interesting and another little piece of history to add to my paper work..thank you!.... has anybody researched or put together a complete list of Chance 'situations vacanct' as would have been advertised in local newspapers. A friend of mine has spent many many hours putting...
  3. hanna

Handsworth Hospital

I xan'tthrow any more light on this....but...if you have a look on www.handsworthhistry.co.uk it does give information about the hospital ...and it's a very interesting site, full of photos and personal stories.
  4. hanna

Hadley Street Birmingham 18

my husbands business is now built on the top of Hadley street!!..I'm sure there are 2 or more pictureS of Key Hill showing NORTONS, the shop, which looking at the map was just down the road from Hadley St.on the corner. IT DOESN'T SHOW THE Street but it does show "just down the road"...hope this...
  5. hanna

Ninevah Road Handsworth

Thank you for all your help...and your kind wishes for my birthday! that is something to go on anyway. Hanna:)
  6. hanna

Ninevah Road Handsworth

hello mike...I've seen your posts all over the forum and you seem to be able to put your hands on so many records!!!!...how do you do it????:0214:amazing!!!!...now it's my turn to ask you a question!:)...when my parents came to Birmingham from Poland and got married they live for a short whilein...
  7. hanna

Mrs Keelings corner shop, Nortons Birmingham

what a lovely photo... it is the shop.. my photo seems to be taken coming down Key Hill from Great Hampton street ... I haven't seen this before... I remember when I was about 7/8(1957)...I must have been ill and not at school... I came to meet my dad, with my mom, at Lunch time...he worked...
  8. hanna

Mrs Keelings corner shop, Nortons Birmingham

I've got a photo of Nortons ...it was in Key Hill. in Hockley.. if that is the one. I've also got a catalogue of the things that they sold...I think it is dated around the 30's if not earlier looking at the fashions. Will try and put it on here if I can work out how to do it...if not I can email...
  9. hanna

I read that post earlier on but didn't make the connection as at that point I didn't know that Arthur and Ivy lived in Villa Steet...it was a passing comment from my husband ,as I once more dragged him to the computor away from his paper!!!.. Now wouldn't it be lovely if somebodyreading this...
  10. hanna

another Moorhouse link????...Ivy and Arthur HADDLETON who also lived on Villa Street...Ivy was the sister of Alan and Olive and the other Moorhouses...according to my husband there were alot of them!!!
  11. hanna

all will shortly be explained in full....but may i be the first to announce ...that .. I am related , by marriage to the best friend of Lyn...via the Moorhouse clan!!!:)but it's complicated!!!
  12. hanna

Sorrento Hospital Nursing Home

I have so enjoyed reading all the SORRENTO MEMORIES!! M kes me a little sad though,:cry:..I was born in Sorrento Hospital , Oct. 26th. 1950. My parents always talked about it.... but when my brother was born 2 years later I was sent to Father Hudson's Homes in Coleshill to be looked after the...
  13. hanna

all sent:wave:...hope you won't be too disappointed with these...hope too that others will enjoy them when you put them up..I'd be so chuffed to have something to share!!:beam:
  14. hanna

At last Lyn..the good and the bad news!!!!..this is what you have been waiti for..hope I am putting it on the right page but I'm syre it will get to you!! The picture I have got of the Vine Inn is the samre as the one you have got...BUT I have got one of 93 Villa Street, Dec 29 1960,( the one...
  15. hanna

Just Looked on the glass messages site...thank you..lots of "chat"and info about chance which is helpful...it's so exciting foinding new snippets....storage of glass is my problem...I like to look at it...not have it in boxes...any suggestions ??
  16. hanna

thank you for that...Ihave your first book already...and have glanced at glass messages...but will look at it in more depth....where do you find your ephemera?...Iscout many places but not manyhve even heard of the company!!!
  17. hanna

I collect Chance glass...but find it very difficult to find any ephemera to do with Chance...any help/hints/offers.? Is there such a thing as a Chance Glass swop shop???...to sell /buy or swap pieces?? I would give anything to have the in house Chance book... from a chance collector who doesn't...
  18. hanna

oh how lovely...hope it's thwe same family!!!!...I'll have to check properly ...but...it was my mother in law Olive Moorhouse before she got married in the 40's and her mom, brother John and some others??!!!
  19. hanna

ooppsss...got that wrong..it was his nan...moorhouse...lived in one of the backhouses??
  20. hanna

i think my husband's family lived near the vine..morrall ??
Back